- Design, document, implement, and maintain the operational components for various environments (web, mobile, server)
- Implement automation, effective monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code
- Configure and deploy scalable environments for prototyping, demonstrating, and development
- Deploy and maintain CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments
- Work closely with development teams to improve workflows around build, test, and deployment of applications
- Build and maintain monitoring, alerting, and trending operational tools within a cloud environment
- Iterate on best practices to increase the quality and velocity of deployments
- Sustain and improve the process of knowledge sharing throughout the engineering team
- Hands-on experience with provisioning traditional and cloud infrastructure and multi-machine, scalable architectures in Windows and Linux platforms
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools and understanding of build/automation systems such as Jenkins
- Extensive knowledge of AWS products and services such as IAM, EC2, EKS, ELB, ALB, Cloudfront, Autoscaling, Lambda
- Good understanding of Linux, bash, and shell scripts
- Demonstrable coding, problem-solving, and debugging skills
- Deep understanding of web, http, networking, security, scaling, and cloud native architecture
- Experience with containers (Docker, Compose, ECS, Kubernetes)
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, information systems, mathematics, GIS, or a related field, depending on position level
- 3+ years of professional experience as DevOps or back-end systems engineer
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Grafana and cloud provisioning tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Knowledge of Git
- AWS certifications is a big plus
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.