- Design and develop user experiences and workflows for developers
- Identify opportunities to improve existing designs and documentation to improve the developer experience
- Collaborate with other internal teams to design improvements to the developer experience
- Build front-end applications and tools that support Esri's developer workflows and business models
- Demonstrated experience using the Angular and/or React frameworks for front-end development projects
- 3+ years of industry experience with the design and development of frameworks, libraries, web application software development, and technical documentation
- Ability to learn and leverage new tools and frameworks and improve programming skills
- Be a self-starter and able to tackle open-ended problems
- Experience with git, GitHub, node.js and npm
- Knowledge of web visualization, user interface, and user experience development
- Ability to manage priorities and tasks as needed
- Ability to collaborate across teams
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, or a related field, depending on position level
- Familiarity with Esri ArcGIS or other web mapping technologies
- Experience working with open source software and contributing to open source projects
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies:
- Experience with one or more of the following design applications:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Xd
- Other design or UX prototyping tools
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.