- Problem solve, think big, and explore divergent concepts/ideas while understanding how to converge and build iteratively towards your vision
- Influence the shape of the product with research and data while executing design work using high quality wireframes, mockups, user journeys, and cross-platform interactive prototypes
- Create visual designs for a responsive web app and native mobile apps (iOS and Android) and produce production design specifications for development team
- Inspire the entire team, including your cross-functional partners, by bringing new ideas to the table
- Work with developers and product engineers to ensure flawless execution of the visual design
- Advocate for the user experience
- 4+ years of experience working in UI/UX design for responsive web applications and experience working on native mobile apps
- Hands-on experience designing for a consumer-facing software product
- Strong graphic design skills with a good understanding of typography, intuitive layouts, user journeys, storytelling, and grid-based design
- Excellent understanding of user experience design for mobile and the web, technology trends, demonstrable design skills, and ability to show relevant work
- Expert level skills in Sketch, Abstract, Adobe Photoshop, and other relevant design tools
- Deep understanding of Apple’s human interface design guidelines and Google’s material design
- Passion for data driven product and design decisions with the ability to give and receive feedback constructively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the English language
- A person with a natural curiosity and eagerness to learn
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to work in cooperative team environments
- A team player who can easily adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Bachelor’s or higher in interaction design, human-computer interaction, cognitive science, or related field (master’s preferred)
- A strong portfolio demonstrating design thinking/process (problem/solution, before/after, research, sitemaps, user-flows, wireframes, prototypes, visual concepts)
- Experience with accessibility and internationalization
- Understanding of the development lifecycle
- Exposure to web and/or mobile app development
- Familiarity with ArcGIS StoryMaps and ArcGIS
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.