- Design, test, and document image analysis capability for multiple image modalities
- Design, document, and test industry-leading software solutions for imagery products supporting common defense and intelligence formats such as NITF, TFRD, and MISB compliant video (FMV)
- Collaborate with software developers to integrate and test community analytical toolkits and libraries into ArcGIS (AGITK, MSP)
- Orchestrate and document results from defense and intelligence holistic lab testing
- Collaborate with software developers on software project teams designing and building new software and planning for future releases
- Define, document, and prioritize user requirements and develop best practices for using GIS software in various real-world remote sensing scenarios
- Potentially lead the design, development, and documentation of automated QA plans and tests (standard operating procedures [SOPs], image quality metric evaluations, and regression testing)
- 10 years+ years of engineering experience working on COTS or GOTS software products
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of these disciplines: remote sensing, image processing, photogrammetry, image analysis
- Demonstrated design experience with one or more of image processing algorithms, process flows, testing, user interfaces
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience writing technical user documentation or technical developer documentation
- US citizen with the ability to obtain a U.S. Top Secret clearance with SCI access
- Bachelor’s in geography, engineering, remote sensing, photogrammetry, or related field (master's preferred)
- Experience in the defense and/or intelligence communities
- 5 years of experience in developing high performance imagery applications
- Familiarity with the NITF format and specification
- Familiarity with multiple image modalities
- Experience with ArcGIS, ENVI, Socet GXP, or RemoteView
- Experience designing modern commercial software
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.