- Understand U.S. DoD and intelligence community user requirements and develop appropriate GIS and remote sensing software for various defense and intelligence scenarios
- Develop rich image processing and analysis capabilities for multiple modalities including EO MS and HSI, TIR, radar, and motion imagery
- Develop industry-leading cloud friendly desktop and enterprise class software for common defense and intelligence workflows involving data formats such as NITF, TFRD, and MISB compliant video (FMV)
- Develop advanced image processing components, algorithms, and APIs
- Share and collaborate your experiences with other software developers and product engineers to integrate community toolkits and libraries into ArcGIS (AGITK, MSP)
- Help solve and articulate complex problems with application design, development, and great user experiences
- Will potentially lead development projects
- Will potentially mentor junior developers
- 15+ years of C/C++ or advanced C#/.NET software development programming
- Significant experience with remote sensing, image processing, photogrammetry, and/or image analysis application development
- 5+ years of development experience with high performance imagery applications
- 5+ years of software development experience working on COTS or GOTS software
- Experience in the defense and/or intelligence communities
- U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a U.S. Top Secret clearance with SCI access
- Bachelor’s in computer science, geography, engineering, remote sensing, photogrammetry, or related field (master's or PhD preferred)
- Experience developing using Esri APIs
- Experience in processing pipeline optimization
- Familiarity with the NITF format and specifications
- Experience with ArcGIS, ENVI, Socet GXP, or RemoteView
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.