- Design and develop focused native apps that meet the requirements of a broad range of users
- Design responsive and intuitive user interfaces for mobile, desktop, and web systems
- Design and develop cross platform app building technology
- Develop excellent software for use in field mapping, data collection, sensor networks, street navigation, and much more
- Collaborate with other programmers and developers throughout the development process
- Define user requirements; design and develop applications and APIs for devices and web-based services
- Ensure that ArcGIS software meets real-world usage scenarios
- Solve and articulate complex problems with application design, development, and user experiences
- A flare for user experience and interface design
- Cross-platform app development (mobile device experience is a bonus)
- Object oriented design skills
- Understanding of algorithms and design patterns
- Experience with GitHub, Jenkins, Microsoft App Center
- Ability to work closely with the team to build quality software in a constantly evolving environment
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years of commercial software development experience
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or related field, depending on position level (master’s preferred)
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.