- Create software components that follow industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models
- Build products that integrate mapping technologies and the Esri cloud platform and services
- Assist in bringing excellent software to demanding DMZ and other networked environments
- Work in a team environment to design and develop software products and components for the management, manipulation, and display of a wide variety of data
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 1+ years of experience with business analytics systems (Microstrategy, IBM Cognos, SAP Business Objects, etc.)
- Experience with web technologies (HTML5 and RESTful web services) for developing large web- and desktop-based software solutions and products
- Expertise with standard programming languages (C/C++/C#, Java)
- Strong knowledge of an RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, etc.)
- Knowledge of software development methodologies (RAD, RUP, Agile, SCRUM) and design techniques (UML, Entity Relationship Diagramming, Data Flow Diagramming)
- Ability to master new technology quickly and to work in a constantly evolving environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse team
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field, depending on position level
- Experience with Esri's ArcGIS JSAPI
- Background in graphics programming and WPF
- Product development experience (C#/C++/Java/Flex/HTML5 preferred)
- Broad cursory experience with multiple programming languages and operating system environments
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.