- Build server-side Java components and web services to power user experience and geospatial workflows
- Prototype, design, develop, and deliver complete software features and products that can scale, are fault tolerant, and handle concurrent workloads
- Design, architect, and lead a team to build complete software features/products to meet customer requirements
- Find, analyze, and fix bugs/performance problems whenever and wherever they occur
- Work collaboratively with other teams around the globe to understand requirements and incorporate them into the software
- Mentor and groom junior engineers through design and code reviews, technology presentations, and insights
- 5+ years of experience developing middleware software components using core Java, Servlets (JavaEE), JSP, web services including REST and SOAP
- Good understanding of cloud computing platforms (AWS and Azure) and services such as Amazon S3, SQS, EC2 and Azure services such as Blob Service, Table Service, etc.
- Knowledge of relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, or DB2
- Experience working with large code bases and proficient in debugging and profiling tools (Eclipse/IntelliJ Debugger, JProfiler, etc.)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to effectively lead and work with global teams
- Bachelor's, master’s, or Ph.D. in math, computer science, physics, or related field
- Knowledge of Docker containers and orchestrators such as Kubernetes
- Familiarity with JSON and XML
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Java build systems, i.e. Maven and ANT
- Experience with HTTP monitoring tools (Fiddler) and JDK debugging tools (JProfiler, jmap)
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.