Looking for a chance to hone your GIS skills and network with Esri staff and other geospatial professionals in the industry? Volunteering at the Esri Federal GIS Conference can give you that and more! On your time off, you can attend sessions and social events plus learn more about the growing diversity of Esri's products and the latest GIS trends.
Student assistants help with attendee registration, technical session monitoring, conference logistics, and working in the Esri Store.
What's in it for you?
Student assistantships are open to graduate students and fourth-year undergraduate students who are also
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Familiar with GIS software and geospatial applications
- Available to arrive and volunteer in Washington, DC by February 12, 2024
To be considered, your application must include:
- A cover letter detailing your interest in the federal GIS space and what you hope to gain from this experience
- A phone number and e-mail address where you can be contacted through January, 2024. Please be sure this information is on your résumé
- One letter of reference, preferably from a professor. You may submit it with your application; however, we suggest having it e-mailed directly to email@example.com
Applications must be submitted by December 29, 2023
Selected students will be notified by January 12, 2024
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.