Serve as a consultant and implement enterprise IT/GIS strategies for our customers’ platform architectures and prove-out innovative implementations of ArcGIS technologies with enterprise IT. You’ll also have the chance to investigate and resolve complex technical challenges at the interface of ArcGIS and enterprise IT technologies.
ArcGIS provides contextual tools for mapping and spatial reasoning so users can explore data and share location-based insights. ArcGIS creates deeper understanding, allowing users to quickly see where things are happening and how information is connected. Esri’s Professional Services Division plays a crucial role in the innovation of the ArcGIS enterprise mapping and analytics platform. Our mission is simple yet powerful: enable user success, broaden the impact of GIS, and push our platform to make our technology better.
Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and tenures that support an environment that promotes professional development. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance, and we understand that striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We offer a flexible hybrid schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life, both in and outside of work. Historically, this position has included travel and we anticipate that there could be up to 15% travel in the pandemic and post-pandemic environments.
Understand Our Customers and Design Effective Enterprise Systems
- Be a leader at the intersection of enterprise IT and ArcGIS technologies
- Help customers achieve their preferred system designs with ArcGIS technologies and enterprise class IT components such as load balancers, WAFes, NASes, RDBMSes, MDMes, cloud platforms, real-time and big data
- Understand ArcGIS technologies from the inside out and help align implementations with the natural grain
- Lead root cause analysis investigations of challenging problems, involving many components and technologies
- Prototype and prove-out innovative technical solutions
- Contribute to the development of best practices within Esri’s technical consulting and customer communities
Implement Advanced ArcGIS Enterprise Deployments
- Deploy and configure ArcGIS Enterprise in a wide variety of environments across operating systems, cloud providers, security architectures, customer types, industries, and organizations
- Configure ArcGIS Enterprise system to meet the customer’s service level agreement including high availability, disaster recovery, and security needs
- Plan and execute the migration of content from one ArcGIS Enterprise deployment to another, encompassing different architectures, deployment strategies, and software components
Analyze, Investigate, and Recommend Solutions to Technical Problems
- Help transform problems/complaints into clear, measurable problem statements
- Systematically gather evidence about the problem statements, whether they be functional failures, performance degradations, scalability challenges, etc.
- Form hypotheses and surface data to confirm/deny.
- Recommend, assist with, and/or implement courses of action to heal the problem including design, configuration, and/or other changes
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.