We are looking for an experienced video editor with a compelling portfolio who can help create films about one of the most significant trends of our time--the emergence of a new science: The Science of Where.
You will join a growing team of highly experienced, award-winning creatives charged with implementing a new strategy--to use visual storytelling not only to increase brand awareness, but to show how geography, mapping, and Esri's technology can help address the great challenges of our time. These stories include mitigating climate change, building smarter cities, making businesses more sustainable, and responding to natural disasters. For examples of the kind of work we do click here: https://www.creativelabfilms.com/
You are passionate about storytelling and ideally have some experience making science and technology content accessible to general audiences. You will work with producers and executive producers to bring compelling video to life across various platforms including theatrical display for major conferences, high profile advertising campaigns, and online publication across highly trafficked web sites.
All candidates must provide samples of videos they’ve edited in addition to a CV, all demonstrating strong understanding of storytelling, creativity, and willingness to innovate.
- 5+ years of experience in digital video editing
- Proven editorial judgment with strong foundational knowledge of editing techniques and approaches
- Highly advanced in using Adobe Premiere Pro while having basic After Effects skills
- Experience working with motion graphics designers and a basic familiarity with graphic disciplines, such as character animation, motion typography, and compositing
- While the editor is not expected to be a motion graphics artist, being able to incorporate motion graphics and style templates for new and existing formats is required
- Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables, implementing feedback with ease and in a timely manner
- Familiarity with rights and clearances for obtaining audio and third-party footage
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree; specific education in film craft is a plus
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.