At Esri, we believe geography can make the world a better place. To make it possible for true collaboration, creativity, innovation, and idea exchange to thrive we are committed to facilitating a welcoming and respectful community for all . This Conference Code of Conduct shares our community and applies to all attendees, employees, exhibitors, speakers, sponsors, volunteers, and other participants at Esri-sponsored events. We empower all participants in our community to actively engage in creating a friendly and safe environment for all.
Harassment, aggression, and intimidation
- Harassment, aggression, and intimidation are hurtful and interfere with other people’s experience and participation in our community. These behaviors are inappropriate and unacceptable. Be specifically mindful to avoid behaviors that are inappropriate in regards to: race, color, creed, gender (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity, religion (including religious dress and grooming), marital status, domestic partner status, genetic information, age, national origin or ancestry, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Inappropriate behavior can take many forms such as: slurs; jokes; derogatory statements; foul or obscene language; offensive clothing; nudity; leering; stalking; staring; gestures; pictures, drawings or cartoons; violating personal space by impeding or blocking another person's movement or otherwise physically interfering with them; harassing photography or recordings; unwanted or offensive letters or poems; offensive email or voicemail messages; or social media postings.
Consequences of inappropriate behavior
Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. If you are asked to stop behaving inappropriately, you should comply immediately. If you see or are the target of inappropriate behavior or language, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take appropriate action to ensure the virtual event maintains a safe and constructive environment. Please include your name, what behavior you witnessed and where the behavior took place.
The consequences of such behavior may include, but not be limited to the following:
- Attendee will be immediately removed from the event.
- Inappropriate content will be removed.
- Access to future Esri events will be limited/denied.
What to do about inappropriate behavior
If you have questions regarding this Conference Code of Conduct or its implementation, please contact us.