Scott has served in senior command positions within MPD since 2003 including: Commander of the Third Precinct, Deputy Chief of Professional Standards overseeing hiring, training, internal investigations and the police budget, and Commander of the Special Operations and Intelligence Division overseeing SWAT, Bomb Squad, Strategic Information Center, Dignitary Protection, Special Events, Homeland Security, Canine and the MPD’s FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF).
For the past two + years Scott has been working on all planning and coordination for Super Bowl LII as the overall Public Safety Coordinator and Incident Commander. This includes:
- Completing staffing plan for all law enforcement staffing metro-wide for all Super Bowl related events and support.
- Completing a public safety budget for super bowl events.
- Leading and coordinating all aspects of Super Bowl public safety planning including police, fire, EMS response.
- Working with local, state, and federal officials on establishing mutual aid plan for bringing in additional law enforcement required for this ten-day series of events.
- Lead contact with NFL security on super bowl security and public safety requirements and plans
- Lead contact with the MN Super Bowl Host Committee on public safety planning and budget.
- Coordinating the planning and operations of 41 different public safety planning groups and over 3000 public safety personnel for the the Super Bowl.
Scott has served in command and leadership positions for major events including:
- 35W Bridge Collapse (2007)
- Republican National Convention (2008)
- MLB All Star Game (2014)
- X Games (2017)