Most Esri clients are using Portal for ArcGIS or ArcGIS Online to manage geospatial content, applications, dashboards, and data sharing platforms across different stakeholders. Administrating the ArcGIS environment involves migrating configuration changes from one environment to another environment, such as Development to Staging or Staging to Production, which requires a lot of time when performed manually.
iSpatialTec developed a web-based application interface for performing critical administrative tasks such as Cloning and Administrating your organization’s Portal for ArcGIS or ArcGIS Online. The application provides a set of simplified tools and functionalities for administering and managing content streamlining your day-to-day administrative tasks.
- Groups and User Management
- Folder Management
- Portal Cloning / Content Migration viz.,
- ArcGIS Portal to ArcGIS Portal
- ArcGIS Portal to ArcGIS Online
- ArcGIS Online to ArcGIS Online
- ArcGIS Online to ArcGIS Portal
This solution provides easy access to Items, Users, and Groups throughout an Organization via advanced filtering and sorting. There is also the capability to add tags to users, as well as items and groups, for important classification on-the-fly as situations develop. The ability to email users in bulk ensures that everyone in the organization can be contacted with important information and updates as needed. For very fluid environments and responses, users can be invited rapidly to groups and items can be shared to the groups in bulk. Admin Tools also support bulk updates to user roles, as well as their Esri access. In situations where responsibilities and tasks may frequently shift from one user to another, item ownership can be updated and changed quickly. To protect an organization’s items, delete protection can be turned on in bulk across all items.
1. In this interface, the Admin can create new Users, Items, Groups, and Folders. Whatever changes are performed here will be reflected in the ArcGIS online server.
2. A Portal can have users who are unaffiliated with an organization or users who are part of an organization. A Portal contains Users, Groups, and Content. Users sign into the Portal and create and share content. The system supports various types of items, including the following:
- Maps—Web maps that can be displayed on all supported platforms (web, mobile, desktop)
- Layers—Feature, map, and image services that can be added as layers in web maps
- Applications—Web and mobile applications whose content is provided by web maps
- Tools—Geocoding, routing, and other task-based services that can be used by applications
- Data files—Files that can be uploaded, stored, and downloaded and, in certain cases, activated to create services (map layers)
3. Users can keep content private to themselves, share it with other users via Groups, or make it public and accessible to everyone.
4. Users can create and join groups, in which users can share items. This makes the items visible to and accessible by all other members of the Group.
- Dashboard: Displays a collection of tools and the summary on log in. This gives a quick overview of users, groups, item etc.
- Groups and User Management: Groups, Users and folders can be managed here. It allows to Create, Delete, View, Edit or export the list external file (CSV/JSON). Also, the tool allows to import the list from CSV/JSON file.
- Items can be shared with the selected groups as shown in snapshot as part of portal administering.
- Folder Management: Facilitate to view, create, edit or delete folders. List of folders can be exported to external files and imported as well. Saves time in modifying folders in a batch mode at once.
- Portal Cloning: The set of tools under this category helps to export all or only selected items from one Portal to another.
All items or only the selected items can be created in the target Portal as they were in the source Portal. The target Portal will prompt for credentials to migrate the items. This tool facilitates the ability to carry user roles from one portal to another along with the users.
- Asset Tracking and Analysis
- Facility Management
- Operational Efficiency
- Market and Customer Analysis
- Field Service Management
- Electric and Gas Utilities
- National Government
- State and Local Government
Windows 7 or 10
Supported Web Browsers
Windows 7 or 10
Edge latest version
Chrome (latest version)
Map Support- Esri Map Services
ArcGIS Server for Windows
Portal for ArcGIS
GIS Integration Support
Options-1: ESRI REST API
Options-2: ArcGIS Online REST Services
Options-3: Portal For ArcGIS Web Map services
10.6.1 and above
Oct 14, 2020