Eos Locate™ for ArcGIS Apps (ArcGIS Collector or ArcGIS Field Maps) by Eos Positioning Systems
Eos Locate™ for ArcGIS Apps lets you map underground assets with submeter or centimeter accuracy with the push of a button, straight into ArcGIS Online. Eos Locate™ is a free solution available to joint customers of Esri and Eos Positioning Systems. You must have all the required hardware and software components from Eos and Esri in order to utilize this solution. Required components include (either) ArcGIS Collector or ArcGIS Field Maps (latest version), an Eos Arrow GNSS receiver, an iOS device (iPad or iPhone) running Eos Tools Pro, and a compatible underground locator. Scroll down for a complete list of requirements. For pricing and accuracy information and recommendations, please contact Eos.
Who is this solution for?
Eos Locate™ is perfect for any organization responsible for the ownership and lifecycle management of underground infrastructure. Current users of Eos Locate™ include
- Gas utilities
- Water and wastewater utilities
- Electric utilities and rural cooperatives
- Telecommunications companies
- Municipalities (e.g., cities, counties)
- Rural co-operatives
- Related third-party contractors, consultancies, and engineering and construction firms
- Transportation authorities
What kind of buried assets can you map?
Eos Locate™ works with a compatible locator capable of detecting any buried asset equipped with a tracer wire. Please note that the full detection capabilities of this solution are derived from the detection capabilities of your locator brand and model.
What accuracy will you get with underground mapping?
Eos Locate™ is powered by the popular Eos Arrow Series of receivers. As such, the solution's accuracy comes from the Arrow GNSS receiver you are using. (If you don't yet have an Arrow receiver, you can contact Eos Positioning Systems here.) The Eos Arrow 200 and Arrow Gold receivers can provide centimeter-level accuracy, making them the ideal option for workflows requiring highly accurate elevations.
What is the cost?
Eos Locate™ is free to Esri customers who already own the required compatible hardware and software components. There is no additional activation fee or license to purchase. Our technical support team can help you get started once you have the required components.
Watch a video case study of a municipality mapping a variety of mixed utility assets with Eos Locate and ArcGIS Collector:
Can I try Eos Locate™ if I don't have the hardware?
We are constantly releasing more digital content, such as how-to videos and articles, that demonstrate how to use Eos Locate™. In addition, you can request a demonstration of the solution by contacting Eos. This will put you in touch with a qualified, authorized local reseller of Arrow who is familiar with the solution.
What is the value of deploying Eos Locate™?
1. Safety Improvements
Prevent liabilities to your constituents, employees, and third parties by keeping accurate records of underground pipes, cables, and wires in ArcGIS Online. While your Arrow GNSS receiver and Esri mobile apps can be used to map new installations, Eos Locate™ allows you to capture the locations of assets that have been previously installed.
2. Improve Efficiency of Field Operations
Instead of sending two crews to the field — one to locate underground assets and one to conduct the mapping workflow — send one crew. This saves time and money. A single field worker can both locate the underground assets and submit their locations to ArcGIS Online in the push of a button.
3. Prepare for the future of work with Augmented Reality and 3D workflows
Augmented Reality (AR) technology is very eye-catching — but it cannot work if the X, Y, and Z data in your GIS is inaccurate or missing. To pave the way for the future of work, you must collect what's under the pavement. Eos Tools Pro, the free app that powers the Eos Locate™ solution, can output real-time orthometric heights (elevations) of the buried assets to Collector. This provides the critical, high-confidence accuracy you will need to deploy downstream workflows with highly accurate Z values. It's also important to note that the Eos Locate™ solution includes the submission of depth of cover (along with other standard locator data) to Collector.
Summary of Eos Locate™ benefits:
- Map buried assets with submeter or centimeter accuracy in ArcGIS Online.
- Single-user setup allows for simultaneous locate and GPS-mapping workflows.
- Exclusively compatible with Esri Apps (Field Maps/Collector), Arrow GNSS receivers, and leading utility locator devices.
- Simple solution design takes advantage of the intuitive iOS platform.
- Arrow Series® GNSS receiver (any model) from Eos Positioning Systems
- Eos Tools Pro (free iOS app; latest version)
- ArcGIS Collector® or ArcGIS Field Maps® (latest version)
- iOS device (iPad, iPhone)
- Compatible underground locator (for a list of compatible locators or to see if the locator brand you own is in the processes of becoming compatible with this solution, please contact Eos)
For more information:
For instructional videos, how-to articles, a 50-page manual about Eos Locate™ and more, please visit the Eos Locate™ webpage on the Eos website. We are regularly adding content to this webpage that will help our customers be successful on this solution.
Have a question about Eos Locate™?
Please contact Eos today. Our representatives will connect you with the right person to answer your questions in a timely and professional manner.
- Operational Efficiency
- Asset Tracking and Analysis
- Field Service Management
- Facility Management
- Risk Management
- Electric and Gas Utilities
- State and Local Government
- Petroleum and Pipeline
Required hardware components:
- Arrow GNSS Receiver
- Compatible Underground Locator Device
- iOS Device (iPhone or iPad)
- Wearable field gear for Arrow GNSS: (One of) Chest pack, Shoulder/Belt Pouch, Survey Range Pole, Vest Pouch
Required software components:
Eos Locate™ requires Eos Tools Pro and either ArcGIS Collector or ArcGIS Field Maps
Apr 4, 2020