The SolarSpace™ Toolbox is a revolutionary solar site design & optimization software solution based on KiloNewton’s in-house SiTE™ (Site & Technology Evaluation) Optimization Services— provided to our customers since the company's founding in 2017 by John Williamson, the former Chief Engineer of Array Technologies.
KiloNewton works closely with leading solar developers, EPCs and EORs to provide optimization engineering services for solar sites.
We utilize proprietary software and algorithms to analyze GIS, CAD, and other terrain and system data to minimize grading & steel and optimize energy production.
Quickly and efficiently.
- Optimizes planes of array,
- analyzes slopes and mechanical tolerances,
- eliminates inter-row shading,
- minimizes grading,
- minimizes steel, and
- analyzes terrain losses.
The SolarSpace™ Toolbox solves the complex civil & structural site optimization problem that CAD-only platforms (2D or 3D) are unable to deliver.
We offer the SolarSpace™ Toolbox as an ArcGIS Pro Add-in with licensing tiers:
- SolarSpace™ Prospect
- SolarSpace™ Select
- SolarSpace™ Build
SolarSpace™ Prospect is suited for early-stage land evaluation and enables developers and landowners to easily conduct a GIS-based evaluation of potential sites to generate initial layouts that adhere to specified slope constraints and meet targeted capacity requirements.
The functionality in SolarSpace™ Prospect includes:
- Slope Exclusion Analysis
- Analyzes mechanical and production exclusion zones of a raster dataset
- Preliminary Layout
- Creates a preliminary single axis tracker layout within a polygon
- Capacity Conversion
- Calculates the AC & DC capacity for the Preliminary Layout based on strings & inverters
SolarSpace™ Select is suited for early-stage land evaluation and site selection and enables developers and landowners to conduct GIS-based evaluation to inform site selection and ensure that any potential terrain-related issues are identified very early in a project’s life.
SolarSpace™ Select includes all the functionality of SolarSpace™ Prospect plus:
- Directional Slope Analysis
- Derives the slope of an elevation raster in the cardinal directions (east, west, north and south)
- Cut & Fill Analysis
- Generates cut and fill rasters and grading statistics for a given elevation dataset compared to another (existing) elevation data set
- Zonal Cut & Fill Analysis
- Generates cute and fill rasters and grading statistics for a given elevation dataset compared to another (existing) elevation data set within a given zone
- Preliminary Grading Assessment
- Generates cut and fill rasters and optional grading statistics for a given elevation dataset without a defined layout. The tool iterates through potential row placements across the input elevation raster based on the input tracker length
SolarSpace™ Build is suited for land evaluation, site selection and the design, optimization, and construction of solar projects by owners, developers, EPCs, and EORs.
SolarSpace™ Build includes all the functionality of SolarSpace™ Prospect and Select plus:
- Grading Estimate
- Creates a grading assessment for a defined solar tracker layout
- Sample Pile Location
- Generates sample pile locations for rows based on the desired number of piles in a full row.
- Site Analysis and Territory Planning
- Risk Management
- Operational Efficiency
- Natural Resources
- Electric and Gas Utilities
- Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Jul 22, 2022