HERE Real-Time Traffic provides coverage across the globe helping drivers reach their destinations efficiently and stress free. It delivers up-to-the-minute information about traffic conditions and incidents that could cause delays, including slower than normal traffic flow, road works and accidents. Moreover, it enables the display of traffic conditions on highways or arterials and supports traffic-aware routing for optimal ETA calculations.
HERE Real-Time Traffic is a component of HERE’s Traffic portfolio which also includes HERE Traffic Analytics and HERE Probe Data and is listed separately on ArcGIS Marketplace.
Two core components:
- Flow Data -- speeds and congestion levels on the roadways, including predictive speeds
- Incident Data -- Events which are planned (closures & roadworks) and unplanned road hazards.
Features and Benefits
Global coverage with up-to-the-minute updates:
- Over 13 million kilometers of roadways covered
- Trillions of historical traffic records
- Flow updated once every minute
- Incidents updated every 2 minutes
- Report congestion on roads with changeable direction, indicating which way traffic is flowing enabling more intelligent routing decisions and improved ETAs
- Report congestion at turn lanes on arterial roadways
- Provide different speeds on roads with HOV lanes
- HERE Predictive Traffic is continuously updated for speed predictions made up to 4 hours into the future
- Lane level precision on highways and ramps where there is a major discrepancy in speeds between lanes
- 160+ probe providers
- 100+ incident providers
HERE Real-time Traffic Use Cases
- Trip planning and route optimization --enables the most effective and efficient route, and to get to destinations on time.
- Safe driving – by knowing what is coming on the road ahead to prepare for changing conditions.
- Driver analytics, behavior analysis, incident analysis – to analyze driving behavior for driver job analysis, insurance premium calculation and compliance management.
- Road network planning – enable road authorities to increase the capacity of and optimize road networks.
Real-time traffic flow and incidents coverage in 70+ countries (Flow updates once every minute; Incidents updates once every 2 minutes
- AMER – Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Peru, USA
- APAC – Australia, China, India, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
- EMEA – Andorra, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Channel Islands, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovenia, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab, Emirates, United Kingdom, Vatican City
Traffic Pattern coverage in 84 countries (over 70 million kilometers globally)
- AMER – Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Columbia, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, USA
- APAC – Australia, India, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
- EMEA – Andorra, Australia, Bahrain, Belgium, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Channel Islands, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Island, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Reunion, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Vatican City
- Broadcast Real-Time Traffic is available via RDS, HD radio and TPEG over DAB (availability varies by country)
- Connected Real-Time Traffic is available over the internet via TPEG over HTTP and XML or JSON
HERE, a location data and technology platform, moves people, businesses and cities forward by harnessing the power of location. By leveraging our platform, we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or a business optimize its assets to guiding drivers to their destination safely.
- Asset Tracking and Analysis
- Field Service Management
- Logistics and Fulfillment
- Real-Time Location Tracking
- Site Analysis and Territory Planning
- Public Safety
- State and Local Government
- Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Contact provider for more information
Nov 3, 2022