iSpatialTec developed algorithms for Tree canopy mapping that integrates cutting-edge automated feature extraction techniques with detailed interactive reviews and editing. This combination of sensor and mapping technologies enables city's tree canopy to be mapped in greater detail and with better accuracy than ever before providing the planners to assess the tree density over a specific period of time. These analytics can be used to estimate the amount of tree loss in a planned development and to set authorities for improvement of goals for an individual property.
The Tree Canopy Assessment protocols were developed by the USDA Forest Service to help communities develop a better understanding of their green infrastructure through tree canopy
mapping and data analytics. Using available datasets, planners can assess:
- Canopy cover for a specified geographic area (City, Neighborhood, Parcel or Selection)
- Calculate estimated carbon sequestration using Canopy cover and display on map
- Analyze to locate and display potential Canopy Growth areas
The Tree Canopy analysis provides the following value addition to Urban planners:
- The overall condition of the inventoried tree population
- Change detection in canopy cover in given time range
- Search features on map and zoom to selected location for more details
- Data on impervious surfaces, citizen reported floods, and/or proximity to surface waterways could be used to identify where to plant trees for the specific water quality management objectives
- In forests, canopy cover is also used to study the effects of fire, pollution hazards, and microclimate. The impact of forest use, in terms of deforestation, degradation, thinning or afforestation, can also be evaluated by canopy cover
The App is customizable to implement across various industries such as Energy & Utilities, Forestry, Environment, Local Governments, Urban Planning, Community Development, Transportation and Public Safety etc.
The App is developed in a responsive mode and compatible across all mobile devices and browsers. The technology used to develop this app is Web App Builder while input datasets are sourced from the available datasets over the internet.
The sample data pertains to Santa Clara county but can be customized to any other geography.
For any assistance Contact Us
- Asset Tracking and Analysis
- Field Service Management
- Risk Management
- Real-Time Location Tracking
- Natural Resources
- Electric and Gas Utilities
- State and Local Government
- Public Safety
- ArcGIS Apps
- ArcGIS Enterprise
- ArcGIS Online
August 10th, 2020