Improve the health of your data through a tailored program that delivers a detailed plan to help you reach your data quality and migration goals for your ArcGIS Utility Network transformation.
UDC’s UN Data Assessment Program
evaluates your data’s migration readiness for ArcGIS Utility Network and develops a customized migration plan from your individual starting point. Our program brings the Utility Network to meet you – wherever you are at in your unique journey.
How It Works
Our multi-step program provides you with the necessary tools for analyzing both your source and Utility Network data at a deeper level. UDC's HEIDE auto-migration tool and specially developed UDCToolkit for ArcGIS Pro enable an accelerated approach for calculating the quality of and transforming your data.
- Preliminary Data Assessment: UDC works with you and your utility team to assess your technology landscape, determine your level of migration effort, and define functionality goals for advanced network management.
- Data Review and Planning: Using our migration tools and knowledge, we review your source data through multiple efforts and develop a detailed conversion plan.
- Initial Mapping and Analysis: We analyze your GIS data to determine suitability for core UN model and identify data irregularities that are incompatible with UN requirements.
- Data Load to ArcGIS Pro: Your GIS source data is loaded into ArcGIS Pro and the Utility Network is enabled. Irregularities in your UN data are further investigated, and a recommended mitigation and action plan is formulated.
- Post Data Assessment and Analysis: Through the UDC UN Data Assessment Program, your utility will be provided several outputs to help guide you forward.
- Executive Summary Presentation
- GIS Data Health Report
- Data Remediation Plan
- Preliminary data within ArcGIS Pro and the Utility Network for further exploration
Why Start with an Assessment
Assessing the health of your data and creating a plan are crucial steps in your migration journey. By taking the time to prepare for your migration, you will have the confidence in your data and processes to move onto the next phase of your journey – full migration.
Our team has proven experience helping utilities prepare for, implement, and successfully transition to editing in the Utility Network production environment, while our automated tools help get you there faster with more accurate results. UDC holds specialty certifications in Utility Network Management and the Utility Network Electric and Gas Utilities Services.