Esri and the National Geographic Society are pleased to announce the 2021 ArcGIS StoryMaps Challenge for Restoring Our Ocean.
Join storytellers worldwide in the ArcGIS StoryMaps Ocean Challenge
A story can effect change, influence opinion, and create awareness. Use ArcGIS StoryMaps to integrate maps, data, and multimedia content with text to tell a narrative about the world's greatest challenges and inspire solutions.
Esri and the National Geographic Society challenge high school and college students and individuals ages18-24 to create impactful stories about ocean health.
You might create an original story that:
- Highlights changemakers in ocean conservation.
- Addresses global warming, pollution, habitat protection, over-harvesting or poaching, local waterway management, or effects on water quality.
- Creates unique visualizations of threats to the ocean.
- Amplifies the seven Ocean Literacy principles.
- Addresses United Nations Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 14: To conserve and sustainably use the ocean, seas, and marine resources.
Find inspiration, data, maps, and resources on Learn ArcGIS.
Photo by Manu San Felix, National Geographic
Tips and tricks to get you started with ArcGIS StoryMaps