A mapping competition open to high school and middle school students in the United States
Students analyzing, interpreting, and presenting data via ArcGIS StoryMaps
- Eligibility is limited to students in grades 4–12 in public or nonpublic schools (including home schools). Students working independently or in clubs submit through their schools.
- Students may work by themselves or in teams of two, but they may participate in only one entry.
- Schools may submit up to five entries total to their state.
- See more competition details
- Esri offers a free ArcGIS School Bundle to every US K–12 school and club. Students can have their own login to view and analyze data and create and save maps.
- Learn to use maps made by others, find content, analyze data, create and save maps, and collaborate. k12.maps.arcgis.com.
- See past results arcg.is/AGOschoolcomptotal.
- Download the competition postcard.
- Winners announced Tuesday, June 1, 2021
- Participating states will award $100 to each of the five best high school and five best middle school projects.
- From among all the winners across the nation, Esri will award to one high school and one middle school team a travel grant to attend the Education Summit @ Esri UC.