Let's organize a new way to work together as a shared-purpose community of passionate GIS professionals in the greater New York metro area
- Connect with one another
- Learn from each other
- Mobilize together around the power of GIS and our combined know-how
- Identify and tackle important, meaningful problems in our community that can benefit from GIS and location technology
NY Metro User Group Meeting
The NY Metro area government community met October 6, 2020 for the first NY Metro User Group meeting. Learn something new, contribute to other's success, and gain a new sense of community and fellowship to help us all overcome the extreme challenges facing us today. This meeting is a valuable, compelling discussion for GIS practitioners and mangers alike.
- Guest Speaker: Suzanne Foss – Join Suzanne Foss, an Esri Product Manager with the Real-Time GIS team as she introduces ArcGIS Velocity, a new real-time and big data processing and analysis capability in ArcGIS Online. Learn how to connect to virtually any type of sensor, perform real-time analytics and processing on streaming data, and automatically disseminate information and alert personnel when specified conditions occur
- FDNY – Hear from Tom Merkel and Chris Stack with FDNY Incident Management Team GIS Disaster Response and Interagency Operations
- Enhancements to Processing Drone Data – Dave LaShell from Esri presenting SiteScan and nFrame (new SaaS options)
- Open Discussion – Dave LaShell, Esri NYC Manager, will host an open conversation
Westchester County GIS User Group—GIS Day Event
November 18, 2020
Held in collaboration with Esri and the Environmental Studies Program at Purchase College, the annual Westchester County GIS User Group meeting is the largest gathering of geospatial professionals in the Lower Hudson Valley.
Thanks to Esri's generosity and support, the fall event was held online on GIS Day, Wednesday, November 18. The event offered a full day of presentations and demonstrations for attendees representing local and county government, nonprofits, business and industry, and academia.
NY Metro GIS Advisory Council Meeting
December 16, 2020
04:00 p.m.–05:15 p.m. (ET)
We are pleased to invite you to the upcoming NY Metro GIS Advisory Council meeting! This special virtual event offers a chance to connect with local colleagues, stay up-to-date on the latest GIS news, and collaborate with your peers on new initiatives. We encourage you to mark your calendar for the following:
- Guest Speaker: Adam Carnow – Join Esri’s Community Evangelist, Adam Carnow, for a storytelling session on how your peers deal with the business side of GIS. Adam will highlight how GIS practitioners like you rise above crises like recessions (and pandemics) to evolve into business leaders.
- Guest Speaker: Susan Resnick, of the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, will present Improving ArcGIS Online, Enterprise, and Desktop Administration with Python and PowerBI Report Server. The presentation will highlight custom built applications and tools that enable us to gain deeper insight into how users engage with different Esri environments and improve our ability to get real time information about license usage, data storage, and sharing. We use a combination of approaches, including ArcGIS API for Python, PowerBI, and Flask, which lets us visualize multiple user metrics of interest to our agency.
- Hear from your NY metro area peers
- Trends and impacts GIS is making in our community, updates from of the NYC office
- Action – Plan what to do next and planning for the next NY Metro User Group meeting
- Open Discussion