Increase efficiency by enhancing decision-making and collaboration
Geographic information system (GIS) technology provides agencies with workflows to support strategic repairs, upgrades to existing networks, and resilient transportation network infrastructure for the future. Adopting a geographic approach to rebuilding infrastructure can help lay the foundation for economic growth and expansion, enhance the delivery of equitable mobility services, and create cities that are interconnected and safe.
This ebook will guide agencies through a series of examples from departments of transportation on how GIS can help them
- Organize and share big data.
- Utilize location to understand the placement and conditions of assets.
- Use analysis to organize improvement projects.
- Prioritize strategic investments.
- Enhance transparency with the public through project tracking.