The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA") became effective on January 1, 2020, and grants a variety of privacy rights to California consumers.
We take pride in the relationship of trust we have built with our customers, and we are committed to treating your personal information with care and respect. We use this notice to make disclosures required by the CCPA.
You have a right to opt out of any selling of your personal information. Esri does not sell your personal information, so we do not offer a choice to opt out.
We only collect and share your information as described in our Privacy Statement, including the Privacy Statement Supplement, as applicable, available at https://www.esri.com/en-us/privacy/overview. Esri processes your information for the purposes described in the Privacy Statement, and we may share personal information with Service Providers, as defined by the CCPA, to perform services specified by written contract. In addition, we may share personal information with third parties for other business purposes, as permitted by the CCPA. These purposes may include the following:
- Protection against security threats, abuse, and illegal activity. Esri uses and may disclose information to detect, prevent, and respond to security incidents and for protecting against other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity. For example, to protect our services, Esri may receive or disclose information about IP addresses that malicious actors have compromised.
- Audits and measurement. Esri uses information for analytics and measurement to understand how our services are used.
- Maintenance of our services. Esri uses information to ensure that our services are working as intended, such as tracking outages or troubleshooting bugs and other issues that you report to us.
- Research and development. Esri uses information to improve our services and to develop new products, features, and technologies that benefit our users.
- Use of service providers. Esri shares information with service providers, including our partners and distributors, to perform services on our behalf, in compliance with our Privacy Statement and other appropriate confidentiality and security measures. For example, we may rely on service providers to help provide customer support.
- Know what specific pieces of personal information Esri has collected and retained about you over the previous 12 months.
- Receive a copy of your personal information.
- Delete your personal information.
Esri also uses information to satisfy applicable laws or regulations and discloses information in response to legal process or enforceable government requests, including to law enforcement. If you have additional questions or requests related to your rights under the CCPA, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-888-377-4575, or 380 New York Street, Redlands, CA 92373 USA, and identify the issue as such in your communication to Esri.
The CCPA allows businesses to offer consumers financial incentives for sharing personal information. For example, a business can offer a rewards program or provide a premium service to consumers as compensation for collecting their personal information. If Esri offers these programs, your participation is optional, your participation will be subject to any applicable terms, and you may withdraw at any time.
The CCPA prohibits businesses from discriminating against you for exercising your rights under the law.