Smart communities and smart cities build great things
We are faced with new opportunities to shape our communities. Today, planning and engineering disciplines must balance the needs of people, infrastructure, and the environment. Esri's GIS-based smart community information system allows governments to model the impacts of proposed development, adjust to shifting demographics and lifestyles, and account for changes in climate change and economic shifts. Smart prompts a community to learn and adapt through real-time data and deliver intelligent design of infrastructure, ultimately supporting urban mobility, resiliency, and sustainability.
Leverage a system for urban and community design
Smart communities and smart cities can achieve balance when they embrace GIS technology that
- Facilitates human-centered design.
- Supports holistic 3D planning for real-world context.
- Provides models, benchmarks, and analysis to support the establishment of resilient and sustainable communities.
- Uses infrastructure as a sensor for constant feedback and improvement.
- Improves urban mobility through multimodal navigation for all citizens.
- Minimizes the impact of shocks and stresses and accelerates a community's response.
Planning and engineering in action
ArcGIS advances smart communities
Making data-driven decisions that improve quality of life is the goal of every smart community. ArcGIS capabilities and products make this possible.
Our smart partner network
Our ecosystem includes strategic alliances with companies that offer platforms to extend the power of GIS. This is amplified by data, hardware, and applications partners who offer focused solutions to meet the needs of all your departments and workflows.
Plan your smart strategy with Esri
Smart is a journey—one based on incremental steps that deliver good government, build infrastructure for the future, and enhance the lives of citizens through a digital transformation. We would like to be part of your journey.