Esri Teams with MarkLogic for Big Data Analysis and Management
October 21, 2013
Esri announces the integration of its ArcGIS Platform
with MarkLogic’s Enterprise NoSQL
database platform to provide real-time access to highly diverse data sources for the defense and intelligence communities.
“We are excited about the integration of Esri’s and MarkLogic’s technologies, which will enable government organizations to efficiently and effectively manage complex volumes and varieties of data to achieve mission success,” says Jeff Peters, Esri’s Director, National Government.
New functionality from the integration of the Esri and MarkLogic technologies includes:
- Use of the ArcGIS mapping APIs to build a web interface for visualizing, querying, and interacting with multi-dimensional data from the NoSQL database.
- This application leverages open APIs from the ArcGIS platform along with ArcGIS basemaps and can be integrated with any type of supported layer.
- Users of the application can immediately display data from the NoSQL database over their area of interest and view feature attributes in popups.
- The integration supports the display of attribute-level data, or microdata, based on NoSQL data structures.
- The ArcGIS API also allows text-based and spatial querying against the data, as well as providing users with the tools to create annotations.
“Our customers in the defense and intelligence communities need solutions that will let them quickly and cost-effectively aggregate, search, and analyze multi-structured and unstructured information from numerous disparate sources, in a geospatial context,” said Kevin Shelly, MarkLogic vice president of Sales for North America Public Sector. “Bringing the MarkLogic Enterprise NoSQL database platform together with Esri’s geospatial analytic software delivers more innovative ways to analyzing data than with traditional relational database technology.”
Esri and MarkLogic will do a joint presentation demonstrating the interoperability of their products at the MarkLogic Government Summit in McLean, Virginia, on October 23, 2013.
# # #
Jim Baumann, Esri
Tel.: 909-793-2853, extension 1-1807
E-mail (press only): email@example.com
General Information: firstname.lastname@example.org