Esri Opens Its Storytelling with Maps Contest
April 22, 2014
Anyone who has ever created a story map, or wanted to, is invited to enter Esri's Storytelling with Maps Contest
"Everything is fair game, including Story Maps you've already created or brand-new Story Maps," said Allen Carroll, leader of Esri's Story Maps team. "Feel free to alter or customize our Esri Story Maps apps. Entries will be judged on how effectively you make the subject matter interesting, understandable, and engaging."
Esri will provide first-, second-, and third-place prizes in these categories:
- Best Conservation, Environment, and Sustainability Story Maps
- Best Travel and Destinations Story Maps
- Best Culture, History, and Events Story Maps
- Best Science, Technology, and Health Story Maps
All entries must make use of one of Esri's Story Maps apps. Your Story Maps may be hosted anywhere, including by Esri, but the code for each entry needs to have originated with one of Esri's Story Maps apps. Contest participants may—and in fact are encouraged to—alter or customize the Story Maps app to suit their needs.
One grand prize will be awarded to the best overall Story Maps entry chosen by the contest judges. Winners will receive:
- Grand Prize/Best Overall: One (1-year) annual ArcGIS Online for Organizations subscription (five users) plus a plaque and a certificate.
- First Prize: A copy of The Smithsonian's History of America in 101 Objects and a one-year subscription to Smithsonian magazine plus a plaque and a certificate.
- Second Prize: A one-year subscription to Smithsonian magazine plus a plaque and a certificate.
- Third Prize: A one-year subscription to Smithsonian magazine plus a plaque and a certificate.
The competition closes June 2, 2014 at 5 p.m. PDT. Winners will be announced and their maps unveiled at the Esri International User Conference.
Discover more about Esri Story Maps at storymaps.arcgis.com. Or, enter the contest at esri.com/storytellingwithmaps.
# # #
Jessica Wyland, Esri
Tel.: 909-793-2853, extension 1-3345
E-mail (press only): firstname.lastname@example.org
General Information: email@example.com