Five lightning-fast minutes could change your career.
|Monday, June 27, 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
||Ballroom 20 D
When is the last time a five-minute presentation changed your way of thinking? All it takes for a great idea is a spark. Come see some of your peers share their own sparks that have turned into projects that incorporate the use of GIS. Do you have a great idea that has motivated you to use GIS technology in your projects that you would like to share? Inspire others to do the same imaginative thinking by sharing your own experience. Presenters are given five-minutes to share their awesomely imaginative ideas and concepts that have been or are in the midst of coming to fruition with the use of GIS.
- Share one great idea — Tell a story, motivate, and of course, inspire.
- Make it quick — Presentations must be five minutes or less.
- No live demos — Slides only, although they do not need to auto-advance.
- Be creative — The audience wants to learn something they can use.
- Avoid sales pitches — Please refrain from advertising products and services.
- Hurry and sign up! — There are only 15 slots, so submit your lightning talk now.
- Have fun! — This is your time to shine - show us your passion for your idea. For inspiration, read How to Give a Great Ignite Talk or So, you want to give a lightning talk or watch some of the Lightning Talks from the 2014 User Conference to see how others gave their talks.
Lightning Talk submissions are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis and space is most definitely limited. Email your Lightning Talk slide deck to LightningTalks@esri.com and include the following:
- Your full name, title, organization, email address, and phone number
- A complete first draft of your Lightning Talk slides deck (supported: PowerPoint, Prezi, Keynote, slides.com, Reveal.js, or a video)
- A short description of your talk (100 words or less)
- A brief, interesting fact about yourself that we can share with the Lightning Talks audience
Submission deadline is June 3rd.