These demonstrations illustrate the use of GIS in homeland/national security.
Esri National Security Webinar Series: Using ArcGIS to Locate Illegal Drug Farms
This is the first of our 2016 national security webinar series highlighting how the ArcGIS platform supports locating illegal and hazardous drug farms in rural areas.
Large | Small
ArcGIS for Special Event Operations—Richmond International Raceway
Henrico County Division of Fire is using ArcGIS Online to help them manage NASCAR events at the Richmond International Raceway to help keep the public and responders safe.
Virtual Port–Protecting the San Pedro Bay Port Complex
Learn how the Port of Long Beach utilizes GIS in their Virtual Port system to provide decision makers with the information they need to manage day to day operations, resources, and security threats.
- Key issues in medical surveillance and outbreak management
- Simulated bioterrorist smallpox attack on three U.S. cities
- Three million infected in eight weeks; one million would die
Risk Assessment with GIS
- Using GIS to locate threats and at-risk facilities
- Using geocoding tools in ArcGIS StreetMap to establish a concern point
- Analyzing hazard potential within a radius of the concern point
Threat Preparedness with GIS
- Sample applications of using GIS to prepare for possible threats and emergencies
- How GIS helps emergency response teams prepare for emergencies
- Using GIS analysis tools to plan an intelligent response plan