ITC's History

Founded in 1950 as the International Training Institute, ITC has always targeted the spatial survey and planning problems of the developing world. ITC has changed names a few times and is currently known as the Faculty for Geo-information Science and Earth Observation of the University of Twente, which it joined in 2010, while retaining its mission oriented to development cooperation. ITC has more than 20,000 truly international alumni. ITC has historically had a big impact in the staff composition of governmental agencies that address spatial problems, such as various ministries, national cadastres, survey agencies, and bureaus of statistics, and various mapping agencies. That impact has been most prominent in Latin America, Africa, and Asia. More recently, ITC's alumni are finding positions also with internationally operating organizations like the World Bank, United Nations, various global donors, and global nongovernmental organizations.

 
Contact Us | Privacy | Legal | Site Map