The Geodesign Summit is an annual gathering of professionals interested in using geospatial technologies to arrive at the best and most sustainable planning and design solutions. The summit focuses on showcasing a diverse set of spatial technologies, methodologies, and real-world projects that have enhanced collaboration, return on investment, and project performance and outcomes. The overall goal of the Geodesign Summit is to showcase the innovative solutions that others are using to streamline their workflows, revolutionize their practice, and boost the impact of their work in the real-world.
Geodesign is an emerging transformative discipline that is uniquely positioned at the intersection of social, natural, and geographical sciences. Geodesign represents a unique approach to solving our communal challenges by melding the analytical rigors of the sciences, the methodological strategies of planning, and the forward thinking, creativity, and graphic capabilities of design thinking. Through merging people, data, methods, and technology, geodesign aims to foster integrated and collaborative planning and design solutions for rapidly evolving landscapes in diverse contexts. Further, data and design are tightly coupled to generate informed, context specific, systems orientated plans, designs, performance evaluations, and preferred futures. In this way, geodesign represents a collaborative endeavor that transcends expert domains, scales, and technologies to enhance our decision making, develop innovative solutions, and improve our collective future.
Who Should Attend?
Geodesigners come from a multitude of backgrounds and professions. Each year, the event is attended by an array of planning, design, and other professionals including:
- Civil Engineers
- Environmental Planners
- Landscape Architects
- Landscape Ecologists
- Natural Resource Planners
- Parks, Open Space, and Recreation Planners
- Real Estate Developers
- Transportation Planners
- Urban and Regional Planners
Benefits of Attending
- Observe geodesign best practices at the intersection of planning, design, and geospatial technology.
- Gain a solid understanding of how to apply geodesign practices to every day planning, design, and related workflows.
- Learn about innovative, cost-effective, lightweight yet powerful planning tools that you or your staff can learn quickly and apply to your next project.
- Leverage what you’ve observed to arrive at better decisions, quicker, and with more public input so you can better manage citizen groups, municipal leadership, and public-private stakeholders.
- Learn about new technological offerings, solutions, and trends that you and your organization need to be ready for.
- Understand how geodesign will impact your field and how you can use it to improve your work.
- Realize the role GIS plays in modernizing, enhancing, and streamlining everyday work and workflows.
- Expand your professional network by connecting with strategic partners, thought leaders, industry experts, and Esri staff.