Custom roles allow you to add greater control and flexibility in assigning privileges to members of your organization. This additional administrative capability enables you to add additional roles that specifically fit your organization, the way you work, and the functionality you want people to be able to use. For example, you might have some members who need access to your maps and apps but do not need to create groups. Or you might have other members who need to publish features but not tiles. In follow-on releases, we will continue to expand the set of privileges that can comprise a custom role.
Web App Templates
Two new templates are available:
- One new template to help you tag, edit, and view geographic content; automatically set attribute values; and filter content in a web map when viewing.
- A second new template that you can use to summarize the numeric attributes of features visible in the map area within a specified operational layer.
- The Esri basemap system has been upgraded for optimized performance and scalability. One of the key benefits of this upgrade is that Esri's basemaps are available at all zoom levels.
- World Geocode service includes enhanced support for 10 countries, including mile marker geocoding for Puerto Rico and address point-level geocoding for Singapore, India, and Thailand.
- Network analysis directions are now available in Estonian and Latvian in addition to 17 other supported languages.
- A GeoEnrichment update includes data for 30 new countries, making the service available for more than 100 countries. There is also be updated content for Canada and United States.
- A new set of Moderate-Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) imagery layer maps and layers is available, referencing a collection of National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) imagery. The MODIS imagery provides 250-meter, multispectral satellite imagery of the world that is updated daily. It has a near-real time (3 hour delay), deep and fine-grained temporal archive that helps provide global and fine-temporal context for making decisions and visual assessments of conditions for any day and anywhere in the world. This is a mashup of a NASA image service. The value is mostly in providing global and fine temporal context; adding in decision making; or as a quick visual assessment of conditions any day, anywhere.
For more details and the latest information about ArcGIS Online content, see the ArcGIS Online blog.
Website Design and Usability
ArcGIS Online Help has been redesigned to improve the usability and attractiveness of the information. The URL where you can access Help also has changed. The new help is only available in English. All the other languages supported in ArcGIS Online will soon follow.