You can deploy ArcGIS for Server on-premises using your internal IT structure or in the cloud.
ArcGIS for Server is a 64-bit GIS server that supports the following platforms:
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS/ES
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- Ubuntu—when deploying ArcGIS for Server on Amazon Web Services
See ArcGIS for Server System Requirements in the ArcGIS Resource Center for details.
ArcGIS for Server and the Cloud
ArcGIS for Server can be deployed in the cloud on the following platforms:
Esri Managed Cloud Services
Esri Managed Cloud Services provides you with ready-to-use instances of ArcGIS running in the cloud. Esri Managed Cloud Services include the infrastructure (facilities, hardware, network, and security), the software (Esri and third party), application deployment and testing, ongoing data management (data updates, backup, and archive), and 24/7 technical support and monitoring.
Benefits of Using Esri Managed Cloud Services
- Quickly meet your organization's increased demand for GIS data and capabilities without worrying about the infrastructure and staff to support it.
- Leverage a dynamically scalable hosting environment that can respond to fluctuations in usage.
- Access to experienced GIS professionals who specialize in managing and maintaining your applications and data based on the latest Esri technology.
- The option to "bring your own license" or convenient 1-, 3-, and 12-month term licensing.
Esri Managed Cloud Services consultants help you choose from a variety of hosting options that are scalable, reliable, economical, and secure. Pre-configured hosting packages are available, or the hosting environment can be customized to meet your specific operational requirements.
Find out more about Esri Managed Cloud Services.