For best performance we strongly recommend using Business Analyst 10.2 with Windows 7 64-bit operating systems.
|| Minimum Requirements
| CPU Speed
|| 2.2 GHz minimum ; Hyper-threading (HHT) or Multi-core recommended
|| Intel® Core™ Duo, Intel Pentium® 4, or Intel Xeon® processors; SSE3 minimum.Run this Microsoft utility from your Windows command prompt to check your processor.
| Operating System
- Windows 8 Basic, Professional and Enterprise (64-bit (EM64T))**
- Windows 7 Ultimate, Enterprise, Professional, Home Premium (64-bit (EM64T))
- Windows Vista Ultimate, Enterprise, Business, Home Premium (64-bit (EM64T)) Version: min SP1 max SP2
- Windows Server 2012 Standard, and Datacenter (64-bit [EM64T])**
- Windows 2008 Server Standard, Enterprise & Datacenter (64-bit (EM64T))Version: max SP2
- Windows 2008 R2 Server Standard, Enterprise & Datacenter (64-bit (EM64T))
- Windows Server 2008 R2 with Citrix XenApp 6 and XenApp 6.5*
- Windows 2003 Server Terminal ServicesVersion: min SP2 max SP2
- Windows 2003 Server Standard, Enterprise & Datacenter (64-bit (EM64T))Version: min SP2 max SP2
|| Greater than 256 color depth
|| 4 GB minimum, 6 GB or higher recommended
| Swap Space
|| Determined by the operating system; 500 MB minimum.
| Disk Space
|| 43 GB NTFS for complete software and data
* ArcGIS ArcGIS 10.1 as a hosted application with Citrix XenApp 6 and XenApp 6.5 with Windows 2008 R2 using the Citrix ICA Online Plug-in for Windows 13.1. Please note that ArcGlobe, ArcScene, and any other 3D application generally will not perform well over Remote Desktop or other Windows Terminal Services clients, because these configurations do not support OpenGL 3D graphics acceleration from the server. The Best practices for running ArcGIS for Desktop in a Citrix XenApp environment contains additional information regarding deploying ArcGIS for Desktop with Citrix XenApp.
** Support begins at ArcGIS 10.1 SP1.
Processor Note: See Dual or dual-core support policy
Screen Resolution: 1024x768 recommend or higher at Normal size (96dpi)
Video/Graphics Adapter: Check your computer's ability to run ArcGIS. 64 MB RAM minimum, 256 MB RAM or higher recommended. NVIDIA, ATI, and Intel chipsets supported, 24-bit capable graphics accelerator, OpenGL version 2.0 runtime minimum is required, and Shader Model 3.0 or higher is recommended.Be sure to use the latest available driver.
Networking Hardware: Simple TCP/IP, Network Card or Microsoft Loopback Adapter is required for the License Manger.
Media Player: USB drive is required to install the application.
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Requirement
The installation process will verify that you have the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 installed.If it is not installed, it is available on the USB install media and will be installed.
Internet Explorer Requirement
ArcGIS for Desktop requires a minimum installation of Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 7.0 or 8.0. If you do not have an installation of Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 7.0/8.0, you must obtain and install it prior to installing ArcGIS for Desktop. Internet Explorer Versions 9 and 10 are also supported.
Python Requirement for Geoprocessing
ArcGIS for Desktop geoprocessing tools require that Python 2.7.x and Numerical Python 1.6.x are installed. If the ArcGIS for Desktop setup does not find either Python 2.7.x or Numerical Python (NumPy) 1.6.x installed on the target computer, Python 2.7.2 and Numerical Python 1.6.1 will be installed during a complete installation. You can choose a Custom installation to unselect the Python feature and avoid installing it. Additionally, if the Python setup is executed during the ArcGIS for Desktop installation, you will be provided with the opportunity to choose its installation location. The Python installation location should not include spaces.