Take an Instructor-Led Course
Taught by experienced instructors with subject matter expertise, the following new courses from Esri support professionals who want to apply the latest ArcGIS capabilities for indoor mapping and imagery analysis:
- Introduction to ArcGIS Indoors: Learn how to create and maintain a complete system for indoor mapping and data management. Get hands-on practice with workflows used to support indoor navigation via web maps and apps, and work with indoor data to streamline work space planning and facilities management.
- Image Analysis for Defense and Intelligence: This course teaches geospatial intelligence and imagery professionals how to accurately visualize and analyze a variety of imagery data in the context of realistic scenarios. Gain experience with ArcGIS Pro imagery tools, and discover techniques to create information that supports mission planning and tactical operations. A version of this course is also available for GIS professionals and imagery analysts in the private sector and civilian government agencies.
For organizations that want to simplify their teams’ access to these courses and other training options, they can take advantage of the Esri Training Pass. It allows administrators to purchase training days in advance and redeem them as needed for classes and other training opportunities.
New at Esri Academy: Knowledge Assessments
There is now an easier way for people to test their knowledge in Esri Academy. The My Assessments page provides learners with direct access to all the assessments they can take, along with results from any previous assessments they’ve completed.
There are three types of assessments. “Are you ready” assessments allow users to measure their knowledge of ArcGIS against the prerequisites for specific instructor-led courses. If it turns out that a learner could benefit from reviewing some concepts prior to taking the class, the assessment recommends additional resources. Anyone can take (and retake) “Are you ready” assessments and use the targeted resource recommendations to improve their skills.
When learners are registered for an instructor-led class, they will see two additional assessment options: preclass and postclass. These are based on the course’s learning objectives and are useful for measuring the specific outcomes gained from taking classes. People who take these assessments always have access to their preclass and postclass assessment results via the My Assessments page.
Find out more about these assessments and get started with them. Sign in using your ArcGIS account.
Add a MOOC to Your 2023 Training Calendar
So far this year, 98 percent of individuals who have completed a massive open online course (MOOC) through Esri said they would take another one. Participants find the relaxed environment a fun way to build their GIS technology skills. To experience this, check out one of the following courses:
- Going Places with Spatial Analysis, February 1–March 15: Appropriate for GIS novices and experienced practitioners alike, this MOOC reveals how performing spatial data analysis leads to deeper understanding. Over six weeks, participants explore the fundamentals of spatial analysis and use tools in ArcGIS Online to complete increasingly complex analyses.
- Cartography., February 22–April 5: This popular course is great for anyone who enjoys making maps. Experts share their knowledge of ArcGIS map design tools while discussing cartographic techniques and tips to help participants maximize the impact of their maps. The lively video conversations are entertaining, while the exercises allow attendees to hone their mapmaking skills.
The Esri Technical Certification Program supports professionals and students who want to validate their experience with ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, and other ArcGIS technologies. Available exams now include the following:
- ArcGIS Pro Associate: This exam is for people who have two or more years of experience using ArcGIS Pro. It measures the skills and knowledge needed to accurately manage, map, analyze, manipulate, and share geospatial data.
- ArcGIS Utility Network: This specialty exam is for those who have industry-specific asset management experience and work with ArcGIS in a multiuser environment. People who take it should have a strong understanding of services-based architecture, the ArcGIS Utility Network information model, and network management workflows.
If certification is something you’re interested in, explore the latest Esri technical certification exams. To find out what it takes to prepare for an exam, watch Preparing for an Esri Technical Certification. Additionally, view certification success stories, and join the Esri Technical Certification groups on LinkedIn and Esri Community.