Set Up Your GIS Projects for Success
Instructor-led classes provide an ideal way for GIS practitioners to gain hands-on experience with the latest ArcGIS tools and build skills that they can apply right away to their own projects.
For anyone who wants to learn how to leverage ArcGIS capabilities to reap business benefits at scale or efficiently produce engaging map-based data visualizations, the following courses are excellent choices:
- ArcGIS: Exploring the Possibilities: Great for business and technical leaders, this course explores how organizations use ArcGIS to streamline operations, gain deeper insight from data, and enhance collaboration across business lines. Participants discover how ArcGIS capabilities work together to make processes more efficient and uncover deeper insight. They also get inspired by what’s possible when location intelligence is infused throughout the enterprise.
- Creating Maps and Visualizations with ArcGIS: This course teaches ArcGIS Pro users the fundamentals of map design. Attendees learn standard workflows and techniques for how to create and share a variety of professional-quality information products, including print maps, web maps, 3D scenes, animations, and charts.
All instructor-led courses can be delivered as private training events for groups. Additionally, using the Esri Training Pass is a convenient way for organizations to streamline their employees’ access to ArcGIS training. It allows administrators to purchase training days in advance and redeem them as needed for classes and other training opportunities.
Cultivate Your Spatial Analysis and Mapping Skills in a MOOC
Esri’s massive open online courses (MOOCs) provide a fun, no-cost way to explore new topics, practice with the latest ArcGIS software, and earn certificates of completion. Registration is open now for the following courses:
- Going Places with Spatial Analysis, February 1–March 15: Appropriate for GIS novices and experienced practitioners who want to sharpen their skills, this MOOC provides a strong foundation in spatial analysis concepts and applications. Participants investigate real-world analysis scenarios as they work with ArcGIS Online to complete increasingly complex analyses.
- Cartography., February 22–April 5: Take a deep dive into the art and science of cartography. A team of experts discusses foundational cartographic concepts, design principles, and pro techniques that participants can use to create accurate, beautiful maps at multiple scales in 2D, 3D, and 4D. Participants get to explore the suite of ArcGIS Pro mapping tools and learn how to avoid common cartographic pitfalls.
Certification achievements look great on résumés. They offer a recognizable way for job applicants to underscore their technical experience and demonstrate their commitment to professional development.
The Esri Technical Certification Program supports professionals and students who want to validate their experience with ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, and other ArcGIS technologies. The following exams are available now:
- GIS Fundamentals Foundation: This certification is ideal for people who have taken 100 hours of GIS coursework or gained 3 to 6 months of GIS workplace experience. The exam validates individuals’ knowledge of basic GIS concepts and entry-level skills related to mapping, visualization, and analysis using ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online.
- ArcGIS Developer Foundation: This certification is designed for app developers, GIS developers, GIS analysts, GIS administrators, and others who have at least two years of experience building and delivering apps that interact with the ArcGIS system and its application programming interfaces (APIs).
If certification is something you’re interested in, explore the latest Esri technical certification exams. To find out what it takes to prepare for an exam, watch Preparing for an Esri Technical Certification. Also, view certification success stories and join the Esri Technical Certification groups on LinkedIn and Esri Community.