Building a Strong Foundation with Instructor-Led Courses
Developed and delivered by in-house experts, Esri’s instructor-led courses serve GIS professionals and novices alike. They are great for anyone who uses ArcGIS software to support their daily workflows, enhance projects with geographic context, and create information that supports better decision-making. If you need an introduction to Esri’s most popular software, explore the following courses:
- ArcGIS Pro: Essential Workflows—Get a comprehensive introduction to the world’s leading GIS software. Over three days, learn techniques and general best practices to map, manage, analyze, and share data and other GIS resources.
- Migrating from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro—If you’ve been using ArcMap and are preparing to make the switch to ArcGIS Pro, this two-day course will bring you up to speed. Learn essential ArcGIS Pro terminology and concepts and how to efficiently complete a variety of tasks related to mapping, editing, analyzing, and sharing geospatial data and resources.
- ArcGIS Online: Essential Workflows—This one-day course explores how to use ArcGIS Online to discover, use, create, and share content that infuses projects with geographic context, additional business intelligence, and visual impact.
- Introduction to GIS Using ArcGIS—Ideal for anyone new to GIS and ArcGIS, this one-day course will help you gain experience using GIS maps to visualize and explore real-world features; analyze data to answer questions and create new information; and share maps, data, and other resources so they can be easily accessed throughout your organization.
For organizations that need multiple instructor-led classes, an Esri Training Pass can simplify things.
Expand Your GIS Skills in a Free Course
Esri’s massive open online courses (MOOCs) are informative, fun, and available at no cost—and if you’ve not attended one yet, you’ll find that these popular courses are great options to explore hot topics in the GIS community. Access to ArcGIS software is included and a certificate is awarded upon successful completion. Check out the following upcoming offerings:
- Transform AEC Projects with GIS and BIM—Learn how to infuse location context into each phase of the architecture, engineering, and construction project life cycle. Attendees get hands-on practice with the latest ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, and ArcGIS Drone2Map software while discovering how to integrate GIS, computer-aided design, and building information modeling workflows. This course runs February 14–March 13.
- Cartography.—It takes specific knowledge and skills to make maps beautiful, accurate, and easy to interpret. This course, which runs April 3–May 15, is packed with fun videos where experts discuss mapping tips and techniques.
Explore a New ArcGIS Topic in One Hour
Live training seminars are free, one-hour live streams featuring Esri subject matter experts. Pick up ArcGIS tips and best practices, watch guided software demonstrations, chat with other attendees, and ask questions of the presenters. All seminars are recorded and available on demand at Esri Academy after the live event. Upcoming topics include ArcGIS Arcade, ArcGIS Experience Builder, and Survey123 Connect.
The Esri Technical Certification Program enables GIS practitioners to validate their experience with ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, and related technology.
Rory McPherson, a principal GIS analyst, is a two-time Esri technical certification achiever who believes certification has professional and personal rewards. “Becoming Esri-certified has been immensely beneficial to my professional journey,” said McPherson. “It has expanded my knowledge and broadened my career opportunities.” Read Rory’s success story.
Four new certification exams were recently released. One or more of them may be right for you.
- ArcGIS Online Administration Associate
- ArcGIS Utility Network Associate
- ArcGIS API for Python Associate
- GIS Fundamentals Foundation