Keeping Up with Change
The real world is dynamic—communities expand, natural disasters strike, and economies grow (or falter). As change occurs, organizations must ensure their geospatial data assets remain accurate and up-to-date. After all, data is the building block of every GIS map and application, and analysis results are only as reliable as the data they are based on. The courses below teach ArcGIS 10.1 best practices to efficiently maintain geospatial data.
- Editing Data with ArcGIS for Desktop—Instructor-led course
- Editing and Maintaining Parcels Using ArcGIS—Instructor-led course
ArcGIS Customization and Development
Developers around the globe are building compelling desktop, web, and mobile applications that feature ArcGIS maps, data, and services. Developers and GIS professionals alike see the value of using Python scripts to automate and share ArcGIS workflows. For ArcGIS 10.1, the courses below are available.
- Building Desktop Applications Using ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java—Instructor-led
- Building Desktop Applications Using ArcGIS Runtime SDK for WPF—Instructor-led
- Programming ArcGIS for Desktop Using Add-ins—Instructor-led course
- Introduction to ArcGIS Runtime SDK for WPF—Free training seminar
- Introduction to ArcGIS for Server REST API—Web course
- Using HTML5 with ArcGIS—Free training seminar
- Introduction to Geoprocessing Scripts Using Python—Instructor-led course
- Python for Everyone (for ArcGIS 10.1)—Web course
- Creating Desktop Add-ins Using Python (for ArcGIS 10.1)—Free training seminar
- Creating Python Toolboxes Using ArcGIS 10.1—Free training seminar
You can view the complete Esri course catalog at esri.com/coursecatalog.
10.1 Exam Plans
Our release plan for version 10.1 certification exams is set, and execution is well under way. There are six version 10.1 exams in beta right now, and they should all be available by April 2013. Here’s the current schedule:
|Web Application Developer Associate (10.1)||Released February 2013|
|Enterprise Geodatabase Management Associate (10.1)||Released February 2013|
|Enterprise System Design Associate (10.1)||March/April 2013|
|ArcGIS Desktop Developer Associate (10.1)||March/April 2013|
|Enterprise Geodatabase Management Professional (10.1)||April 2013|
|Enterprise Administration Associate (10.1)||April 2013|
Follow Esri training on Twitter at twitter.com/Esritraining to receive the latest news and announcements when the exams are released.
The best way to answer this question is to talk to someone who passed an exam. We asked Stefanie Obmann, the first person to achieve an ArcGIS Desktop Associate 10.1 certification since the exam was released, for her thoughts on the question, and this is what she shared. She decided to earn the ArcGIS Desktop Associate certification because, in her words, “Thinking I know is different than ‘knowing I know.’ I wanted to be tested and test myself.” With the exam behind her now, she says, “I feel more confident in giving advice since I was able to answer the exam questions and will be able to answer many more questions by our users now.”
See which exam your skills align with, and get other exam details and resources, at esri.com/certification.
For More Information
|Find a course:||esri.com/coursecatalog|
|Training Matters blog:||esri.com/trainingblog|
|Training on Twitter:||twitter.com/Esritraining|
|Subscribe to the training newsletter:||esri.com/trainingnews|
|Esri Press books:||esri.com/esripress|
|Esri Technical Certification website:||esri.com/certification|
|Esri Technical Certification exam registration site:||pearsonvue.com/esri|
|Esri Technical Certification prep resources:||esri.com/skillsreview|