ArcGIS 10.2 Foundational Courses
ArcGIS is a complete platform for visualizing, managing, analyzing, and sharing geographic data and GIS resources that support decision making. The instructor-led courses below teach underlying concepts and best practices for working with ArcGIS 10.2.
Because ArcGIS users have diverse educational backgrounds, workplace responsibilities, and areas of interest, this foundational set of courses is designed to provide distinct entry points into the ArcGIS platform while also supporting a progressive approach to learning key GIS workflows. Each course teaches knowledge and skills that will enable you to move forward with ArcGIS. Together, they provide a solid foundation in creating, sharing, and applying geographic knowledge.
- ArcGIS 1: Introduction to GIS—For those new to GIS who need to learn fundamental concepts to begin working with ArcGIS
- ArcGIS 2: Essential Workflows—For those who understand fundamental GIS concepts and need to efficiently use ArcGIS tools to visualize, edit, and analyze geographic data
- ArcGIS 3: Performing Analysis—For professionals who need to perform more advanced analysis and modeling to create reliable information and repeatable workflows
- ArcGIS 4: Sharing Content on the Web—For professionals who need to create and share authoritative GIS maps and other resources with decision makers, colleagues, or the general public
For detailed course information and to view the class schedule, visit esri.com/foundation.
ArcGIS Online Workshop
A half-day instructor-led workshop is now available to help GIS professionals quickly get up to speed with recommended workflows to support their organization’s ArcGIS Online subscription. ArcGIS Online Subscriptions for Organizations: Publisher Workflows is designed for GIS analysts, specialists, and others who will create and publish GIS resources. Attendees will learn how to author ArcGIS services, web maps, and web applications, then share that content so it is accessible to organizational users and to the public.
For more information, visit esri.com/agolcourses.
The Esri technical certification exams below are the latest to open for registration.
- ArcGIS Desktop Developer Associate (version 10.1)
- Enterprise Administration Associate (version 10.1)
- Enterprise Geodatabase Management Professional (version 10.1)
- Enterprise System Design Associate (version 10.1)
Recommended training resources to help prepare for an ArcGIS 10.1 exam are now available in a print-friendly PDF document. To assist candidates who want to acquire or refresh skills on a specific topic, resources are organized according to each exam’s skills-measured categories. View the PDF document on the Training Resources tab of each 10.1 certification page.
View detailed information for all certifications and register to take an exam at esri.com/certification.
Esri ArcGIS Desktop Associate Certification Study Guide (Available August 2013)
The Esri ArcGIS Desktop Associate Certification Study Guide will be published by Esri Press in August. The book offers a comprehensive review of the skills and knowledge measured in the ArcGIS Desktop Associate certification exam. Conceptual overviews of the essential tools and workflows needed to accomplish a GIS task and hands-on exercises to reinforce understanding are provided. ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced software (180-day use) and a data DVD for working through the exercises are also included. ISBN: 978-1-58948-351-4.
For More Information
|Find a course:||esri.com/coursecatalog|
|Training Matters blog:||esri.com/trainingblog|
|Training on Twitter:||twitter.com/Esritraining|
|Subscribe to the training newsletter:||esri.com/trainingnews|
|Esri Press books:||esri.com/esripress|
|Esri Technical Certification website:||esri.com/certification|
|Esri Technical Certification exam registration site:||pearsonvue.com/esri|
|Esri Technical Certification prep resources:||esri.com/skillsreview|