Modernized E-commerce Site Makes Buying ArcGIS Products Simpler than Ever
The revamped Esri Store, launched this spring, makes purchasing licenses for core ArcGIS software, apps, extensions, and bundles easier and faster and makes the buying experience comparable to the most modern e-commerce sites.
You can browse a selection of 60 products at the Esri Store, get details about each one, and see its price. When you want to purchase a product, click the Pricing button, add the product to your cart, and begin the process of checking out.
“The new site simplifies the buying process,” said Michael Ly, Esri manager of global e-commerce.
Rather than fill out a form requesting information and pricing on a product or wait for a call back from a sales representative as in the past, Esri customers can now search the online store, make a purchase, and have products delivered immediately.
“Our goal was to reduce time and costs by empowering customers so they did not need to wait for service,” Ly said. “Done well, e-commerce eliminates waiting and questions. It was important that our solution redesign deliver a fast, intuitive, and responsive store where customers can purchase what they need quickly.”
The Esri Store caters to new and current enterprise customers as well as a growing number of consumers and students who use ArcGIS in business or in the classroom.
The improved store offers several new features including the following:
- An online chat tool—If you have a question about a product that interests you, click the round blue button at the bottom right-hand side of the site and click to chat or call. A knowledgeable sales representative will be available to answer questions between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (Pacific time) on weekdays for customers in the United States.
- Transparent pricing—Logins are no longer required to see the prices for products available for purchase online. Previously, users needed an Esri Store customer account to view the prices.
- Autorenewable subscriptions—Customers can now choose that subscriptions be automatically renewed at checkout.
- Filter and search tools—You can search for products by using keywords, or filter your search by product type, the platform type that is supported (desktop or software as a service [SaaS]), or the specific software/SaaS that the products work with.
- Faster checkout experience—In the past, creating a customer account required a journey across different sites using MyEsri. Account creation is integrated into the Esri Store so you can create an account when you check out.
The Esri Store sells licenses for software such as ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, and ArcGIS Desktop; apps including ArcGIS Business Analyst, ArcGIS Collector, and ArcGIS QuickCapture; and extensions such as ArcGIS Spatial Analyst, ArcGIS Image Analyst, and ArcGIS 3D Analyst.
“We hope many Esri customers will visit the newly redesigned site and see how much more easily they can find information about our products and quickly find the solution they need,” Ly said.