We’re pleased to announce that version 2.1 of AppStudio for ArcGIS is now available. This release includes new features and productivity tools to help you quickly create beautiful apps to share to the public or deploy throughout an organization.
So What’s New in AppStudio 2.1?
- New Material Design Layouts
- New Community Panel in AppStudio Desktop
- Updated AppStudio Templates
- New ApprFramework plugins (in Beta):
- Biometric Authentication
- Secure Storage
- High-Accuracy Positioning
- Interapp Communication (share text and URLs with other apps)
- UI/UX updates to AppStudio Desktop tools
- AppStudio Player supports biometric authentication and Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA)
- Support Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app
To get more details see our posts on GeoNet
New Material Design Layouts
Material Design is a visual and interactive design standard developed and used by Google. With AppStudio 2.1 we have released five brand new beautiful ready-to-use layouts based on Material Design Guidelines. These layouts will not only save you time, but will also help you to create apps with a refined and professional look and feel. Please read this blog post to learn more about Material Design layouts.
We have implemented a new community panel in the AppStudio Desktop. The Community Panel provides live links to AppStudio Geonet questions, blogs, YouTube, and tweets so you can easily access and engage with the AppStudio Team and community.
Updated AppStudio Templates
Based on user feedback our easy-to-configure AppStudio app templates have also received an number of improvements.
- The Quick Report Template includes a new calendar control, ability to annotate (sketch/label) on top of photo attachments, and upload support for video and audio clips.
- The Map Viewer Template has improve charts, can now display map grids, view secured services, and works offline with support for Mobile Map Packages. (note: Offline Mobile Map Package support requires user to login with ArcGIS Account).
- The Map Tour Template includes a new side panel, numeric labels on the map pins, and pinch-to-zoom when interacting with Map Tour images.
New AppFramework plugins (Beta) :
AppStudio 2.1 includes some great new additions to the AppFramework that add important functionality our users have asked us to include and yes, they work cross platform. (Note: these feature are currently in Beta).
- The Biometric Authentication plugin provides support of login methods such as fingerprint readers and Windows Hello. (Android support coming in a future release)
- The Secure Storage plugin offers a location to securely store data such user passwords or tokens.
- The High-Accuracy Positioning plugin will enable you to bring in NMEA information form external GPS receivers into your app.
- The Interapp Communication plugin is for sharing information (currently text and URLs) with other apps running on the device using the native sharing capability of the platform.
Visit the AppStudio Group on GeoNet to Learn About AppStudio 2.1
Want to learn how to write custom apps with AppStudio? You can watch recordings of our 2-Day AppStudio Workshop online.
To see examples of some of the great apps that have been created with AppStudio for ArcGIS visit the AppStudio Showcase.
We can’t wait to see the awesome apps you create with AppStuido 2.1.
–The AppStudio Team