Users can browse, search, and load AGOL Wayback layer items from the Catalog in Pro. However, another option available to users is to directly connect via WMTS. Here is a quick guide to setting that server connection.
Follow these steps:
- Open a new or existing project in Pro.
- From the main tab options, go to ‘Insert’ -> ‘Connections’ and then select ‘New WMTS Server’
- In the ‘Add WMTS Server Connection’ dialog, enter the following server URL and click OK.
- In your Catalog view, click on ‘Servers’ and you should see the Wayback server listed.
- Double click on the Wayback server twice to open and view the full list of available layers.
- Right click on a layer and choose whether you would like to add that layer to a new or existing map.
- The selected version of World Imagery is now loaded and ready for use. Additional layers can be added to the same map as needed.
- Save your project to save the server connection and the full list should always be available for selecting and loading additional Wayback layers.