Call for Lightning Talks
Inspire your peers with your innovative thinking by sharing your own unique experiences and successes. Although not quite as fast as lightning, these talks are designed to be quick—five minutes or less, to be exact. Inspire Esri's user community with a Lightning Talk about your imaginative idea using GIS. Presenters may record a presentation up to five minutes long to share their ideas and concepts that have been or are in the midst of coming to fruition with the use of GIS.
Eligibility and requirements
Lightning Talks are open to any member of the Esri user community. Space is limited, so send us your best work. All submissions must include the following:
- Author/Presenter name(s)
- Presentation title (10 words or fewer)
- Company name
- Complete address, phone, and email information
- Brief presenter biography (25 words or fewer)
- Abstract (1,200 characters or fewer, including spaces)—Do not include information in your abstract that will not be in your presentation.
- Keyword set (list 3–5 keywords)—Keywords are used to organize presentations into appropriate sessions, so choose words that clearly describe the main ideas of your work.
- Something about yourself—Please include a unique, fun fact about yourself that you can share with the audience in your recording.
- Your slides for review—These must be included in your submission. They may be PowerPoint, Prezi, or reveal.js slides.
The information you enter will be published on the website and in the agenda. Eliminate bullet points and numbering. Avoid using words in all capital letters. Submissions must be in English. All papers and presentations must be noncommercial. At no time is it permissible for presenters to use their recording to advertise or promote a product, service, or company.
Diversity and inclusion
Real time/Internet of Things
Frequently asked questions
How long should my Lightning Talk be?
Lightning Talks must be completed in five minutes or less.
How are abstracts chosen?
Our committee will evaluate your abstract and make selections based on topic and content. All authors will be notified after the selection process.
Lightning Talk abstract submissions are due on June 5, 2020. You will be notified by June 8, 2020, and, if selected, your recording will be due on June 17, 2020.
What is provided to presenters before and during the conference?
Presenters will be provided with some presentation recording guidelines and instructions.
Am I allowed to promote my product?
No. Product promotion is not allowed. All papers and presentations must be noncommercial. At no time is it permissible for presenters to use their time slot to advertise or promote a product, service, or company.
Who can make a submission for a Lightning Talk?
Lightning Talks are open to any member of the Esri user community.