Call for Lightning Talks
Inspire your peers with your innovative thinking by sharing your own unique experiences and successes. Although not quite as fast as lightning, these talks are designed to be quick—five-minutes to be exact. Inspire Esri's user community with a Lightning Talk about your awesomely imaginative idea using GIS. Presenters may record a presentation of up to five minutes to share their awesomely imaginative ideas and concepts that have been or are in the midst of coming to fruition with the use of GIS.
Eligibility and requirements
Lightning Talks are open to any member of the Esri user community. Space is limited, so send us your best work. All submissions must include the following:
- Author/presenter name(s)
- Presentation title (10 words or less)
- Company name
- Complete address, phone, and email information
- Brief presenter biography (25 words or fewer)
- Abstract (1,200 characters or fewer, including spaces): Do not include information in your abstract that will not be in your presentation.
- Keyword set (list only 3–5 keywords): Keywords are used to organize presentations into appropriate sessions, so choose words that clearly describe the main ideas of your work.
- Please send a unique, fun fact about yourself that we can share with the audience when you are introduced.
- You must submit your slides with your submission for review. This can include PowerPoint, Prezi, Reveal.JS slides, or an ArcGIS Story Map.
The information you enter will be published on the website and the agenda. Eliminate bullet points and numbering. Avoid using words in all capital letters. Submissions must be in English. All papers and presentations must be noncommercial. At no time is it permissible for presenters to use their time slot to advertise or promote a product, service, or company.
Diversity and inclusion
Real time/Internet of Things
Frequently asked questions
How long should my presentation be?
Presentations must be five minutes or less.
How are abstracts chosen?
Our committee will evaluate your abstract and make selections based on topic, content, and time availability. All authors will be notified after the selection process.
The Lightning Talks are accepted on a rolling basis and will continue to be accepted until all slots are filled. There are limited slots available, so please get your submissions in as soon as possible.
What is provided to presenters before and during the conference?
Presenters will be provided with some presentation information as well as their presentation time slot and instructions. During the conference, Esri staff will help facilitate the session with you and the other presenters.
Am I allowed to promote my product?
No. Product promotion is not allowed. All papers and presentations must be noncommercial. At no time is it permissible for presenters to use their time slot to advertise or promote a product, service, or company.
Who can submit for a Lightning Talk?
Lightning Talks are open to any member of the Esri user community.