CHA Integrated Solutions (CHA) provides this ArcGIS Pro add-in to calculate and validate Class Location areas in The United States and Canada in accordance with regulatory and safety requirements for successful gas pipeline operation. This Class calculator for ArcGIS Pro is designed in accordance with U.S. 49 C.F.R §192.5 and for Canada, CSA Z662-19.The results are defendable and users can easily save the settings for reuse, comparisons, and auditing purposes. Advanced Class Location analysis logic, such as structure-by-structure validation or visual sliding class assessment unit (e.g. one mile), makes this a perfect tool for those needing to run Class analysis on their pipelines.
- Built-in advanced validation tools
- Full integration with ArcGIS Pro
- Fully configurable settings
- Defendable results saved for on-demand analysis and audits
- Ability to calculate both US Class and Canadian Class
- Optional clustering for US assets
- Provides a quick view of continuous sliding assessment unit
- Configurable data export
- Interactive visual validation tools
- Ability to save, re-use, and share analysis configurations
- Output layers allow users to visualize results in multiple ways
- Included layer styles save time formatting the output and make results easy to understand
This flexible tool can run a standard sliding class calculation with or without clustering, utilizing attributes of structures to drive each analysis. As results are generated, users can view them as a map and easily export the data. The user can define exactly what data to include for each portion of the analysis and only the features that meet the criteria specified will be used.
The Class Calculator for ArcGIS Pro is designed to streamline the workflow process wherever possible. Powerful analysis tools are also provided to understand, verify, and interpret the analysis results. Users can run multiple analyses over the same area, with different inputs, to perform a “what if” analysis and compare the results side by side. It can even allow users to compare results and identify areas of Class change.
Integration with Esri’s ArcGIS Pro brings several advantages:
- Easily export the results in standard Esri formats.
- A clear and comfortable user experience.
- Leverages ArcGIS Pro’s built-in filter and selection tools.
- Database agnostic.
Class Calculator for ArcGIS Pro benefits:
- Built-in validation tools give Users the confidence they are meeting federal requirements.
- The calculations are consistent, repeatable, and defendable, which may improve overall TVC efforts.
- It can work with any vendor’s Class results and can compare Class results from different tools.
For more information please contact us for a demo (ISInfo@chacompanies.com) or view further information on our website. We offer trials but recommend your first step to be a demo so we can discuss your unique needs.
- Asset Tracking and Analysis
- Operational Efficiency
- Risk Management
- Site Analysis and Territory Planning
- Situational Awareness
- Petroleum and Pipeline
- Electric and Gas Utilities
Jul 21, 2021