Indoor maps of critical infrastructure are the next level of location context supporting emergency response, facility management, and space management. GeoComm’s patented approach to developing GIS indoor maps from building floor plans quickly addresses the needs and requirements for getting started with Esri ArcGIS Indoors. GeoComm can get you started by utilizing source plans such as PDF’s, DWG’s or JPEG’s to quickly convert into GIS data in an ArcGIS Indoors data model.
The resulting GIS data provided by GeoComm Indoor Maps include:
- Building footprints, with exterior entrances clearly defined
- Interior rooms identified by name/number, and color coded by type
- Clearly identified locations of elevators, escalators, stairs, and interior doors
- Additional point locations for emergency response such as Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs), fire extinguishers, fire risers, and security cameras
- Evacuation routes (at an additional fee)
Along with kick-starting your ArcGIS Indoors
implementation by eliminating the need for you to build all of your indoor map data yourself, GeoComm also utilizes the indoor map data to support law
enforcement, fire, and medical responders by providing visual representation of
indoor spaces to 9-1-1 call takers through our secure hosted content library,
available only to public safety. Indoor
maps improve public safety situational awareness and reduces response times by
providing more detailed information about the facilities to which 9-1-1 is
responding to. An address point on a map
with no additional structure information provides little indoor location
context to call takers and first responders.
Indoor maps are the next level of precise location information.