Identity Gives You Access to ArcGIS Wherever You Are
With a unique, secure identity for ArcGIS, you can unlock maps and apps that can be used on any device, anywhere. Your identity opens the door to ArcGIS so that you can join groups, access resources, and share geographic information with other people.
What Does Identity Mean for You?
Identity in ArcGIS lets you own something and share it with others. You can
- Save items under your name and access them later.
- Have favorites, special privileges, or full administrative privileges.
- Keep items private until you're ready to share them with another person or group or the public.
Your Identity Travels with You
Your identity (named user credential) associates you with ArcGIS privileges no matter where you are. Log in to any app, on any device, anytime, and have access to all the maps, apps, data, and analysis you're entitled to. This is similar to how identity works with other familiar solutions such as Salesforce, SharePoint, and SAP.
Unlock Access to More Capabilities
With your identity, you can access a growing list of standard and premium capabilities:
Ready-to-Use Apps, App Builders, and Connectors
- Collector for ArcGIS
- Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS
- ArcGIS Open Data (for publishing)
- Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (for building apps)
- ArcGIS Maps for Office
- ArcGIS Pro
Improved Administrative Capabilities
- An efficient, flexible licensing method that can be applied across the entire organization
- A means of gathering user-level reporting and metrics on usage
- The ability to ensure users have the software and privileges they need
- A way to identify authoritative users and their content
- Oversight of how named users interact with the platform, forums, and Esri staff
How It Works
Your identity provides you with access to a comprehensive suite of apps and maps that you can use in your day-to-day work. The same is true for premium apps, such as ArcGIS Pro and Esri Business Analyst Online, and even Esri partner apps.
When you log in to apps, your identity makes all your maps available to you, which allows you to be productive immediately.
One Login Unlocks Everything!
Because ArcGIS supports the notion of identity, you can tie into other identity management systems. For example, you can connect ArcGIS to single sign-on systems. Just log in once to have access to everything your organization allows you to access, including ArcGIS.