Extend or embed ArcGIS within your own solution
Stay up-to-date on the latest developer community activities. The following webinars and events are great opportunities for learning and networking with peers who are building innovative solutions using ArcGIS software.
Register today to attend our upcoming live webinars. These webinars are one hour and include a live Q&A. They're similar to Esri Developer Summit tech sessions but are hosted online and year-round.
A Tour of Different Modules in ArcGIS API for Python
Date: September 24, 2021
Time: 10:00 a.m.–11:00 a.m. (PDT)
Capacity: 1,000 people
The ArcGIS API for Python provides a Pythonic interface to your web GIS. In addition to mapping and visualization, this API allows you to perform a variety of tasks through many modules such as managing your portals and servers; performing spatial analysis on raster, vector, and big data files; performing geocoding, routing, and geoenrichment; solving networking problems; and editing and querying features. In this fast-paced session, we’ll take you on a tour of these modules and demonstrate their value with realistic examples.
The following are webinar takeaways:
- The API makes it easy and natural for a Python programmer to use ArcGIS, and conversely, an ArcGIS user to script and automate their GIS.
- The ArcGIS API for Python is implemented using the online and on-premises web GIS system provided by ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise, respectively.
- The API is distributed as the arcgis package via conda and pip.
- The arcgis.features module is used for working with feature data, feature layers, and collections of feature layers in the GIS. It also contains the spatial analysis functions which operate against feature data.
- The arcgis.network module contains classes and functions for network analysis. Network layers and analysis can be used for operations such as finding the closest facility, the best route for a vehicle or a fleet of vehicles, locating facilities using location allocation, calculating an OD cost matrix, and generating service areas.
Stay informed about future webinars
Complete this form to receive information about upcoming webinars straight to your inbox.