ENC Layer replacing the S-57 Viewer add-on
As of February 2023, the new ENC Layer in ArcGIS Pro 3.1 replaces the S-57 Viewer add-on. Transition to ArcGIS Pro to take advantage of its next generation capabilities.
Esri S-57 Viewer is an add-on that allows ArcMap users to visualize S-57 data in compliance with S-52 standards and specifications for chart content and display aspects.
With the Esri S-57 Viewer, you can
Visualize S-57 data using S-52 standards
- Query and analyze your S-57 data using various ArcMap
- Overlay your S-57 data with other supported ArcGIS formats
- Apply various S-52 properties such as Color Scheme or Safety Contour Depth
What you get
Supported S-57 Based Product Specifications
- AML edition 1.0, 2.1, and 3.0
- ENC edition 3.0, 3.1, 3.1.1, and 3.1.2
- IENC edition 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2
- MIO edition 4
The Esri S-57 Viewer add-on requires ArcMap. System requirements are determined by the current product version and platform configuration you are using. Please select the ArcMap version for details:
Read the Esri S-57 Viewer Install and User Guide for additional information on installation steps and key features. This document is contained in the Esri S-57 Viewer zip file you download from this site. While technical support is not available for free add-ons, you can send questions, suggest enhancements, and report any issues to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Edition 3.2 of the S-52 specification is supported.
Yes, there are control files that can be extended to accommodate custom fields. For additional information e-mail email@example.com.
Yes, the Esri S-57 Viewer can apply update files to the base cell when loading the S-57 dataset.
S-52 is the ENC Presentation Library and is not meant to display AML, IENC, or MIO data. The only data that will be displayed with S-52 is the data that also exists in ENC. That is to say, if your AML object (WRECK) is also supported in the ENC product specification then it should display the same way with S-52. If the AML object is not supported in ENC then it will default to an unknown symbol. S-52 is extensible so any AML objects that do not display can be added to the presentation library. S-52 is fully documented and explains how to do this.
Free Download— Esri S-57 Viewer Add-on
Please note: If you have modified any of the control files associated with the Esri S-57 Viewer in version 22.214.171.124 and wish to retain them, please back them up before uninstalling that version. Version 126.96.36.199 will install new control files. You may replace version 188.8.131.52 control files with version 184.108.40.206 to retain your changes. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
To use the Esri S-57 Viewer, complete the following steps:
- Uninstall any previous versions of the Esri S-57 Viewer or S-57 Viewer Sample before installing a newer version.
- Select the version for download:
Esri S-57 Viewer version 220.127.116.11
- Double click on setup.msi located in the Esri S-57 Viewer folder. The Esri S-57 Viewer Setup dialog box appears.
- The Esri S-57 Viewer has been successfully installed message appears once the installation is complete.
Get your questions answered
Speak with a representative.