Palm Springs will host the Esri Infrastructure Management & GIS Conference (IMGIS) in two weeks (October 10 – 12, 2023). With the theme, “Building a sustainable and connected future”, this event promises to bring together designers, engineers, contractors, and infrastructure operators to determine the future of our built environment.
The important decisions AEC (Architecture, Engineering, and Construction) professionals make have far-reaching effects. They have the authority and responsibility to build, renew, and alter infrastructure, making choices that have long-term consequences for energy consumption, natural resource availability, the well-being of our communities, and the long-term health of our planet.
The importance of our infrastructure needs must be addressed in today’s world when resource demand is growing. The World Bank has issued a warning, predicting a 70% increase in infrastructure demand by 2050. We must develop to accommodate growth, as well as renovate or replace old structures that fall short of different parameters. For example, the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) granted the United States a C- grade for its roads, bridges, tunnels, dams, and reservoirs in 2020, a minor increase over the D/D+ grade it obtained over the previous two decades.
Historically, the AEC business has been considered a latecomer to technology adoption, but it is now making significant progress in rethinking how it functions. Building Information Modeling (BIM) tools are getting more popular, reality mapping is gaining traction, collaborative project management platforms are supporting seamless interaction, and GIS is becoming an essential component of project deliverables. These modifications are pushing overall project efficiency to new heights.
The Esri IMGIS conference will focus on the growing adoption of new tools and digitally driven workflows. During the event, we will delve into essential themes such as:
- Mobile GIS Workflow Applications: Learn how mobile technology is transforming GIS operations by making data collection and analysis more efficient and portable.
- Using GIS to Enhance Digital Twins: Discover how GIS is improving the creation and management of digital twins, providing real-time insights and enhanced decision-making for complicated projects.
- AI-Driven Workflows: Discover how artificial intelligence is revolutionizing pipe inspection operations, increasing accuracy, and lowering infrastructure maintenance costs.
- Efficient Construction Inspection: Learn about techniques and tools for streamlining construction inspection and ensuring projects are finished on time and on budget.
- Environmental GIS for Linear Projects: Learn how to use GIS to handle environmental problems in linear infrastructure projects such as pipelines and transit corridors.
- BIM and GIS Integration: Investigate the seamless integration of Building Information Modeling and GIS, which enables better insights and smoother cooperation in projects of all sizes.
- Real-Time Construction Data Analysis: Recognize the importance of real-time data analysis in construction projects, which can lead to better decision-making and project results.
- BIM and IoT Synergy: Investigate the synergy between BIM and the Internet of Things (IoT) and its transformative impact on construction and infrastructure management.
- Geospatial technologies for Compliance: Learn how geospatial technologies may help assure regulatory compliance in infrastructure projects while also reducing risks and legal difficulties.
- Metaverse Exploration: Dive into the metaverse’s exploration and possible applications in the AEC industry, opening the door for immersive and collaborative design experiences.
Join us at the Esri IMGIS conference to learn more and see firsthand how GIS can help your company solve the challenges of enhancing our built and natural environments. Hear from a diverse group of your peers on how location intelligence is transforming the workflows of planning, engineering, construction, and operations. Participate in discussions with peers and colleagues as they present groundbreaking initiatives that are important to AEC professionals. IMGIS is where technology, innovation, and sustainability come together to design a better tomorrow.
For all the details, take a look at the IMGIS AEC flyer.
Can’t join us in-person? Register for Digital Access to stream the Plenary session, the AEC keynote, and a selection of user presentations and technical workshops.