Where knowledge and imagination come together.
This is your one-stop shop for everything Esri. Where else can you work directly with more than 400 developers who create ArcGIS? With 2013 bringing one of the greatest transformations in GIS history—from mobile to cloud—this is not the year to miss the Esri Showcase.
Stop by the Technical Support Island to ask questions, check the health of your GIS data, get constructive critiques of your maps, and take part in self-paced training.
|Tuesday, July 9
|9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
||Halls B, C and D
|Wednesday, July 10
|9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
*Family Night: 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
|Halls B, C and D
|Thursday, July 11
|9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
||Halls B, C and D
*Show your family and friends what GIS is all about when the Exhibit Pavilion is open to anyone accompanied by a registered attendee.
ArcGIS Product Information Center
The ArcGIS Product Information Center is located in the center of the Showcase area and is staffed by Esri employees. We are ready to help you find answers related to specific ArcGIS products, locate Esri staff, find a particular exhibit or an exhibitor's booth, locate a demo theater, and much more. We look forward to helping you get answers to all your questions.
Analysis and Geoprocessing Island
Visit the Analysis and Geoprocessing Island to learn how to solve real- world spatial problems using ArcGIS. See demo presentations, ask questions, and learn firsthand how you can use spatial analysis in your ArcGIS projects.
Spatial analysis is at the core of GIS and helps you do the following:
- Understand the spatial relationships in your data, using feature overlay techniques like intersect or identity
- Identify sources of local interest or influence, using buffers and proximity analysis
- Determine the best location for a school or store, using suitability modeling
- Outline a viewshed or perform hydrological analyses, using terrain modeling
- Prepare for worst-case scenarios by simulating many possible outcomes of an environmental process
- Use areal interpolation to re-aggregate data from one set of polygons to another, such as estimating median age in census blocks from age data collected in postal codes
- Calculate the least-cost path, delineate a watershed, or perform a suitability analysis, with raster modeling
- Help service technicians easily locate customers, using geocoding services and functions
- Transport both people and goods optimally using network analysis
- Use historical travel-time records to determine and maintain the most efficient routing
- Fill in sampled data with predicted values to create surfaces, using the Interpolation and other surface analysis tools
- Analyze spatial patterns, identify hot spots, and monitor trends in spatial clustering and dispersion, using spatial pattern analysis
- Understand, explain, and predict complex spatial outcomes, using regression analysis
Whether you use ArcGIS for Desktop, ArcGIS for Server, ArcGIS Online, or a combination of these, your project most likely involves spatial analysis. So stop by the Analysis and Geoprocessing Island and let us help you get more out of your geographic data.
Geodata Management Island
Geographic data is the foundation of any GIS. The Geodata Management Island focuses on ArcGIS technology as a platform for managing and using geographic data. Visitors to the island will learn more about data sources and types (such as features, rasters, networks, terrains, and parcel fabrics) supported by ArcGIS and how they are represented, accessed, stored, and processed.
Visit the Geodata Management Island to meet with Esri staff and learn more about the following:
- Creating and Managing Geodatabases—Use ArcGIS to create and manage geodatabases that can scale from small, single-user geodatabases built on files up to larger workgroup and enterprise geodatabases stored in relational database management systems (RDBMS) and accessed by many users.
- Database Support—Take advantage of relational database functionality—such as security, indexing, and SQL access—in conjunction with ArcGIS to manage spatial data across the enterprise. In addition, gain direct access to spatial and nonspatial RDBMS tables using ArcGIS.
- Imagery Management—Leverage ArcGIS for displaying, processing, analyzing, and managing imagery in the form of mosaic datasets and raster datasets.
- Editing—Use the ArcGIS editing infrastructure to set up and maintain a number of editing workflows that include simultaneous multiuser editing, distributed geodatabases, and historical archiving. Use editor tracking to track changes to your data to help you maintain accountability and enforce quality control standards. Also, learn how to use the ArcGIS Editor for OpenStreetMap Add-On to download data from OpenStreetMap and store it locally in a geodatabase, and use the advanced editing environment of ArcGIS Desktop to create, modify, or delete data.
- Data Integration—Use ArcGIS to integrate data sources—CAD, GML, WFS, rasters, and others—with ArcGIS data formats and the geodatabase.
- Extension Products—Streamline spatial data management with workflows and geodatabase data validation activities with ArcGIS extensions such as ArcGIS Workflow Manager and ArcGIS Data Reviewer. Perform efficient feature creation and advanced editing with Esri Production Mapping and Esri Roads and Highways. Use third-party data types with ArcGIS, using ArcGIS Data Interoperability.
At the Online Island, you can learn how your organization can use ArcGIS Online to discover, create, manage, and share geographic content. You can also find out how to create and publish hosted services and see what content is available to get you started with your projects. Product engineers and specialists will be available to answer your questions and show you how your organization can benefit from ArcGIS Online.
Location Analytics Island
Esri Location Analytics augments enterprise business systems with content, mapping, and geographic capabilities through complementary and nondisruptive technology. Visit this island and see how you can extend the ArcGIS platform.
See examples of business intelligence, customer relationship management, and office productivity.
Stop by and see how you can extend your work to new systems and different departments and use geography to drive your organization forward.
The Imagery Island is the place to see demonstrations using imagery in ArcGIS. Learn how you can take advantage of the features in the latest releases. Learn how to manage massive datasets or pick up techniques for enhancing imagery. Bring along your imagery questions. Whether you are just starting out with imagery and looking for content or are a remote-sensing professional, we have people on hand to help you with best practices and demonstrations for managing, sharing, visualizing, and analyzing imagery.
Mapping and Visualization Island
The Mapping and Visualization Island focuses on the role of GIS and Esri software in modern cartography—the production of digital and physical representations of our world. Visitors to this island will find a wealth of information related to Esri solutions for cartographic compilation, 2D and 3D visualization, map book creation, space-time mapping, charts and tables, and map production.
Come to the Mapping and Visualization Island to learn about mapping, the heart of GIS. Get your questions answered by Esri specialists, see demonstrations of Esri tools, and attend a demo theater session for product and concept presentations. The resources at the Mapping and Visualization Island will support your needs, whether you are new to ArcGIS and looking for a discussion on mapping fundamentals or a seasoned expert seeking a solution to a specific challenge.
Concepts covered at the Mapping and Visualization Island will include the following:
- Symbols and Styles
- Data Driven Pages and arcpy.mapping
- Map Finishing Tools and Cartographic Representations
- Page Layout and Map Elements
- Compilation (including data generalization and map projections)
- Map Printing and Exporting
The Mapping and Visualization Island includes these Esri products:
- ArcGIS 3D Analyst
- ArcGIS Tracking Analyst
- ArcGIS Schematics
- ArcGIS Publisher and ArcReader
- Esri Production Mapping
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
- ArcGIS for Aviation: Charting
- ArcGIS for Aviation: Airports
ArcGIS Solutions Island
The ArcGIS Solutions Island provides focused maps and apps for the specific business needs of local and state government agencies. You will find a variety of maps and apps for ArcGIS for Local Government—including public works, water utilities, elections, planning and development, land records, emergency management, fire service, and law enforcement—as well as ArcGIS for State Government, including environment, natural resources, and emergency management.
Ask ArcGIS and industry experts about the freely available maps and apps designed to help you implement workflows and applications for your organization. We are interested in your feedback, success stories, concerns, and ideas about what you would like to see in future releases of our maps and apps for local and state governments.
Solution Architecture Island
Would you consider building a house without a set of architecture blueprints? The obvious answer is no, but what about for your GIS? Successful organizations realize the value of solution architecture in aligning business needs with project resources and technical capabilities to address new technology initiatives. As such, proper solution architecture is critical to the successful deployment and adoption of the ArcGIS platform within your organization.
At the Solution Architecture Island, experienced Esri staff will be on hand to answer questions you may have regarding ArcGIS implementation patterns, architecture development methodologies, best practices, reference architecture, deployment scenarios, and integration approaches with other enterprise systems. Stop by the island to speak with Esri's expert architects, who are available for informal discussions and engaging in interactive whiteboard design sessions.
Interoperability and Standards Island
ArcGIS is open through support of direct read-write; extract, transform, and load (ETL) procedures; IT and GIS standards, and openly published resources.
Learn about 'Esri's enhanced support for interoperability, 'standards, ETL, and metadata in the ArcGIS platform.
Got questions about OGC, FGDC, GWG, INSPIRE, ISO TC211, or your national GIS standards? Come visit the Interoperability and Standards Island.
Installation and Authorization Island
This island covers two key functional areas for ArcGIS software: installation and authorization support of ArcGIS products. This is the place to ask any questions, discuss issues you have encountered, share scenarios and experiences regarding these areas, and find out what's new!
Esri Labs Island
Global Innovation—Beijing, China; Melbourne, Australia; Ottawa, Canada; Portland, Redlands, and Washington, DC, USA; and Zurich, Switzerland
The Esri Labs Island provides an opportunity to experience, evaluate, and discuss new and emerging innovations, technologies, and experiments from Esri. The island is designed to foster collaborative show and tell and technical discussions and let you meet the researchers who drive the innovation engine.
At the Esri Labs Island, you will have access to the following:
- Demonstrations and presentations on various topics such as HTML5, social networking, 3D GIS, imagery and mobile and big data
- A deeper look at how GIS and science are leveraged to solve problems and answer questions
- Best practices and technical deep dives
- Interaction with like-minded researchers, developers, and geo-geeks
If you are forward thinking, enjoy challenging problems, and want to play with the latest technology and products (despite a few rough edges), we look forward to meeting you at the Esri Labs Island. You will not be disappointed!
Check out our website, labs.esri.com, or follow us on Twitter at @esrilabs for the latest scoop and updates.
Map Critique Station
Do you want to make your maps even more attractive and easier to use?
Make an appointment or walk in to meet one-on-one with an Esri cartography expert at the Map Critique Station located at the Technical Support Island in the Esri Showcase. Appointments will be available on a first come, first served basis, so claim yours before they're gone.
Bring your map (in print or digital form or as a URL link) with you, and a professional cartographer will offer suggestions and helpful tips.
Software Feedback Island
The Esri Software Development Group is interested in your comments and feedback on the current quality of ArcGIS software as well as your ideas on how to improve future software releases. Stop by our island to help us understand your GIS workflows and discuss ways you can become more productive and efficient with your work. We want to know how you are using Esri software across your entire organization to implement your GIS projects for individual tasks or successfully complete entire GIS workflows. Understanding your workflow is critical for Esri to help test and build better solutions. While at the island, you can exercise the ArcGIS for Desktop software at our test area, get instant feedback on your error reports and meet Software Development Group members to discuss how to get involved in testing new Esri software in the future.
Esri Professional Services Island
As you look to leverage the ArcGIS platform, talk to us for guidance. Our experts want to help you succeed, and they can do that in many ways:
Strategy and planning
- Creating an effective GIS strategy
- Planning and managing your GIS implementation
- Sharing your geospatial work and resources within your organization and beyond
Analysis and design
- Transforming requirements into design
- Incorporating GIS into your IT infrastructure
- Best practices for imagery and data management
- Combining design with geography for better planning (geodesign)
- Using 3D technology to plan and visualize
Development and implementation
- Integrating your GIS with other business systems
- Implementing a COTS-based enterprise GIS
- Using the cloud, virtualization, or service-oriented architecture
- Best practices for application development
Operations and support
- Ensuring optimal performance and scalability
- Sustaining your GIS with extended support options
Come visit the Professional Services Island to meet with specialists to discuss your project or implementation support needs.
Visit the Apps Island to learn more about how Esri's ready-to-use apps and runtime software development kits can help you improve operations and make better-informed business decisions. Discover how to simplify and streamline your field workflows with Esri mobile apps. Find out how to gain a real- time operational view of GIS data by accessing dynamic maps, charts, and tables in a single dashboard application. Talk one-on-one with Esri staff responsible for building ArcGIS apps and runtime technology and get your questions answered. In addition, you will discover opportunities to better leverage your investment in GIS and test-drive ArcGIS on a variety of devices in a few unique settings.
The following apps will be showcased in this area:
- ArcGIS for Windows Mobile
- ArcGIS for iOS
- ArcGIS for Android
- ArcGIS for Windows Phone
- Collector for ArcGIS (iOS and Android)
- Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS
Customer Service Island
Customer service representatives will be available to answer questions regarding order status, general licensing information, and maintenance status. Experienced staff will also be available to demonstrate how users can access and view license summaries, download version 10.x software, manage version 10.x authorization numbers, update address or contact information, and much more.
Technical Support Island
Do you have a question about a technical issue or about your workflow?
Visit the Technical Support Island to meet one-on-one with Esri's staff. Our experts are available to answer your questions, collect your feedback, help you navigate your challenges, and share best practices with you.
In addition, there will be presentations about tips and tricks in using ArcGIS software and demonstrations of user community resources (ArcGIS Ideas, GIS Wiki, ArcGIS Beta Community, etc.)
Make an appointment or walk in anytime during Esri Showcase hours.
Hands-on Learning Lab
Presented by Esri Training Services, the Hands-on Learning Lab offers free training for conference attendees who want to experience areas of Esri software that might be new to them. At the Hands-on Learning Lab, located in the Esri Showcase, attendees will receive approximately 45 minutes of self-paced training consisting of a recorded lecture followed by a hands-on software exercise.
Lesson topics include the following:
- Getting Started with ArcGIS
- New Functionality in ArcGIS
- Sharing Maps and Tools Using ArcGIS Online
- Basics of the Geodatabase Model
- Introduction to ArcGIS for Server
- Designing Effective Web Applications Using ArcGIS for Server
- Editing with ArcGIS for Desktop
Introduction to Geoprocessing Using Python
No registration is required. Esri instructors will be available to answer your questions.
Training and Certification Island
Do you have a people strategy? Stop by the Training and Certification Island to learn about the variety of training solutions available to help you build a skilled, productive staff prepared to help achieve the business goals that drive your organization's use of GIS. Knowledgeable training consultants will be on hand to talk with you about courses and strategies to meet your organization's short- and long-term GIS staff development goals. Ask us about our Esri Training Pass option, a convenient, one-stop method to purchase and manage GIS training throughout your organization. You can also find out about the Esri Technical Certification Program, its benefits for you and your customers, the release of our ArcGIS 10.2 exams, exam preparation resources, and more.
Esri Partner Network Island
Esri's global network of partners reaches across 65 countries, offering thousands of solutions and services to help you take your work to the next level. Stop by the Esri Partner Network booth to explore the Esri Partner Directory, find partners with expertise in your industry, and start collaborating.
Interested in becoming a partner? We can answer your questions on how developing a partner relationship with Esri can help you expand into new markets and grow your business.
Already a partner? Let's get together and share thoughts and ideas on connecting with other partners to scale your business.
Industry Solutions Island
Come visit the Industry Solutions Island and learn more about what's happening in your industry. Share your success stories with Esri industry experts and collaborate with your peers in the industry lounge.
These industries will be represented at the island:
- Health and Human Services
- Mapping and Charting
- Natural Resources
- Utilities and Communications
The Environment Showcase features the work of government agencies, research institutions, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), nonprofits, and commercial companies that conserve, restore, and sustainably manage the natural environment using science-based strategies. The Environment Showcase is also home to humanitarian organizations that provide assistance to communities in need as they work to mitigate and adapt to a wide variety of environmental influences such as the effects of climate change, resource development, population growth, and human conflict.
Meet with leading organizations from around the world and see how they are using GIS to respond to climate change, development pressures, habitat destruction, and many other significant challenges. Learn how these organizations are turning their ideas into action and making a real difference by sustainably managing our resources, protecting critical wildlife habitat, conserving our oceans and waterways, preserving biodiversity, and much more. You can benefit from these agencies' knowledge and experience as you interact with scientists, researchers, resource management professionals, and a wide range of specialists who will present their innovative GIS solutions and showcase their many projects. Join this passionate community and learn how they are making the world a better place.
National Security Showcase
Esri's vision for protecting and securing a nation is about supporting geographic analysis, collaboration, and information sharing among the various stakeholders of national security. Visit the National Security Showcase to discover the power of deploying the Esri platform for national security, defense, intelligence, law enforcement, fire/emergency medical services, wildland fire, and emergency management.
New to the showcase this year, the Operations Platform for Safety/Security (OPS) Center Theater will feature integrated demonstrations that show you precisely how the ArcGIS platform supports national security mission objectives by working through security planning around a special event. We will highlight GIS capabilities that are available today with generic mission workflows: planning, logistics, operations, command, and public information.
You'll discover solutions and best practices for every workflow: mobile response, incident and predictive analysis, disaster mapping, and more. Get hands-on GIS experience, meet leaders in national security, and gain access to the latest technology that solves problems and achieves true return on investment. You also will meet leading Esri partners building customized solutions designed to meet the mission. Two large-screen demo theaters will be in continuous use so you can get up close and personal with demonstrations and questions.
The showcase will feature ArcGIS for the Military—Land Operations, ArcGIS for the Military—Maritime Operations, ArcGIS for Intelligence, and Esri Defense Mapping demonstrations. You will see how intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR); command and control (C2); and intelligence systems supply the core technology and resources to simplify creating and delivering geospatial information to decision makers.
Careers at Esri
Put your passion for GIS to work at Esri! Graduating students and others interested in Esri career opportunities are invited to stop by and find out about openings throughout the company as well as learn about summer programs for students. Talk with our staff about Esri's collaborative work environment, the challenging work we do, our outstanding benefits package, and more. No time to stop by? Visit esri.com/careers.
User Application Fair
Test-drive innovative custom applications developed by ArcGIS users and vote for your favorites!
Entries into the fair are organized by application category. The categories are focused on the scope, creativity, effectiveness, and delivery of an application to meet the stated requirements, independent of the software used to create it. At the Closing Session on Friday, Esri president Jack Dangermond will recognize the top three applications in each category.
The winning applications will make the best use of Esri software (alone or in combination) in each of the following categories:
- Web-Based Applications—GIS applications delivered via web browser
- Mobile GIS Applications—GIS applications developed for mobile platforms such as Windows (Phone, Mobile), Android, iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch), Windows Store, ArcGIS for Windows Mobile, ArcGIS Runtime, Collector for ArcGIS, Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS, or ArcPad
- Desktop GIS Applications—ArcGIS for Desktop, ArcGIS Engine, or ArcGIS Runtime applications, including entries that are developed using the ArcObjects SDK (Java, C++, .NET), Python, or Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Multimedia Maps (formerly Virtual Map Gallery)—Animations, CD/DVD-ROM, or other multimedia presentations displaying the results of GIS analysis
Note: No entry of a commercially available (third-party) GIS application is permitted at the fair. Commercial products are showcased in the Exhibit Pavilion.
Esri Press Island
To help you use Esri software and learn the many applications of geospatial technology, Esri Press publishes authoritative technical reference and training material in the form of software tutorials, academic textbooks, map books, and best practices guides for industry. Stop by to learn about publications currently available—including step-by-step guides to develop and expand your GIS skills, resources to augment college and university courses, references for building great maps, and tools that advance the idea of spatial thinking—as well as publications that are expected in the near future. You can also learn about the Esri Press publishing program, find out how to become a book reviewer, or simply share your ideas for a new Esri Press project.
Esri Enterprise Advantage Program Island
The Esri Enterprise Advantage Program (EEAP) is a proactive, annual, extended support subscription designed to meet the unique needs of Esri's enterprise GIS customers through collaboration, vision, technical enablement, and advice. The program provides customers with focused technical advisers, an annual planning meeting, and a collaboratively developed technical work plan, as well as coordinated access to any combination of select consulting services support, premium technical support, and training. The purpose of the program is to support customers' targeted business and technical objectives, expand the reach of GIS across their organizations, and leverage the market-leading experience of Esri's extended support resources. Visit the island to learn more about how the program can help you achieve your GIS goals and maximize your Esri investment.
Let Esri's experts help your organization host and manage your enterprise GIS. Esri Managed Services offers an array of hosting options ranging from development and test environments to fully managed, highly scalable public-facing data and applications. Services include the following:
- GIS system design
- Cloud infrastructure support
- Software installation and maintenance
- Application deployment and testing
- Centralized data management
- 24/7 technical monitoring and support
Visit the island to meet with our experts and discuss how our services can benefit your organization.