Discover exciting changes to the Esri UC Showcase including areas devoted to 3D, imagery, apps, and developer tools. Your favorites are still here too—industries, products, and demo theaters. This is where you see, ask, and play with all the coolest new GIS technology.
Plus, interact with hundreds of Esri engineers to make all your workflows possible.
|Tuesday, July 21, 2015
|9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
||Halls B, C and D
|Wednesday, July 22, 2015
|9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
||Halls B, C and D
|*Family Night: 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
|Thursday, July 23, 2015
|9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
||Halls B, C and D
*Show your family and friends what GIS is all about when the Exhibit Pavilion is open to anyone accompanied by a registered attendee.
Here’s a preview of what you will find at this year’s Esri UC Showcase:
Our world is 3D. Experience how 3D modeling, editing and analysis can transform the way you work with GIS information. Come explore with us the new capabilities of ArcGIS Pro, CityEngine, 3D Analyst and how to take advantage of the new 3D Runtime. Learn the methods behind modeling entire 3D cities with procedural technology. More importantly, learn how to deploy a variety of use cases from visualizing legal codes to procedural urban design and how to share your 3D visuals with an interactive web viewer. In order to showcase this amazing new software technology we will be turning to some of the latest hardware currently out on the market. With a variety of mobile devices and the Oculus Rift you will be able to view your work from amazing new perspectives and even walk through virtual 3D environments. Esri professionals will be on site to answer all of your questions and to run through what it takes to transform your own data and get started with 3D today.
Analysis and Geoprocessing
Visit the Analysis and Geoprocessing Island to learn how to solve spatial problems using ArcGIS. See demo presentations, ask questions, and learn firsthand how you can use spatial analysis in your ArcGIS projects.
Spatial analysis is at the core of GIS and helps you
- Identify sources of local interest or influence using buffers and proximity analysis.
- Understand the spatial relationships in your data using feature overlay techniques like intersect or identity.
- Determine the best location for a school or store using suitability modeling.
- Identify visible areas or perform hydrologic analysis using terrain models.
- Prepare for worst-case scenarios by simulating multiple possible outcomes of an environmental process.
- Use areal interpolation to reaggregate data from one set of polygons to another, such as predicting median age in census blocks from age data collected in postal codes.
- Fill in sampled data with predicted values to create surfaces using Interpolation and other surface analysis tools.
- Help service technicians easily locate customers using geocoding services and functions.
- Transport both people and goods optimally using network analysis.
- Use historical travel time records to determine and maintain the most efficient routing.
- Analyze spatial patterns, identify hot spots, and monitor trends in spatial clustering and dispersion using spatial pattern analysis.
- Understand, explain, and predict complex spatial outcomes using regression analysis.
- Determine the volume and extent of displaced earth for catastrophic events like landslides and mudslides.
- Perform true 3D spatial analysis of feature data to more accurately model phenomena.
Whether your project uses ArcGIS for Desktop (including ArcGIS Pro), ArcGIS for Server, ArcGIS Online, or a combination of these, it most likely involves spatial analysis. So stop by the Analysis and Geoprocessing Island and let us help you get more out of your geographic data.
Visit the Apps Island to learn more about how Esri's ready-to-use apps can help you improve operations and make better-informed business decisions. Discover how to simplify and streamline your field workflows with Esri mobile apps. Find out how to gain a real-time operational view of GIS data by accessing dynamic maps, charts, and tables in a single dashboard application. Talk one-on-one with Esri staff responsible for building ArcGIS technology and get your questions answered. In addition, you will discover opportunities to better leverage your investment in GIS and test-drive ArcGIS on a variety of devices.
The following apps will be showcased in this area:
- Explorer for ArcGIS
- Collector for ArcGIS
- Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS
- ArcGIS for Windows Mobile
- ArcGIS App (for iOS, Android and Windows Phone)
ArcGIS Pro is a new application that is a part of ArcGIS for Desktop. Experience the future of GIS with this new and exciting application that delivers faster speeds, multiple layout views, side-by-side 2D and 3D editing and a new modern interface.
ArcGIS Product Information Center
Esri staff are ready and eager to help you find answers for all your ArcGIS product-specific questions at the ArcGIS Product Information Center. Located at the front and center of the ArcGIS Product Showcase area, we can also help you find other Esri staff, exhibitor booths, demo theaters, and much, much more. If you have a question no one else seems to be able to answer, stop by and give us a try!
The ArcGIS Solutions Island provides information about freely available maps and apps that are developed for specific industries. You can quickly configure these to fit the needs of your organization. Come to the island to learn about:
- ArcGIS for Local Government—Including public works, elections, planning and development, land records, emergency management, fire service, and law enforcement.
- ArcGIS for State Government - Including environment, fish and wildlife, transportation, health, economic development and emergency management.
- ArcGIS for Emergency Management – Including planning, logistics, operations, command, and public information.
- ArcGIS for Public Gardens – Including collections, facilities, and education & interpretation.
Ask ArcGIS and industry experts about the freely available maps and apps designed to help you leverage your geographic information and deploy high value applications in your organization. We are interested in your feedback, success stories, concerns, and ideas about what you would like to see in future releases of our ArcGIS Solutions.
Careers at Esri
Aspire to revolutionize the future of GIS! Graduating students and others interested in Esri career opportunities are invited to stop by and learn about openings throughout the company as well as summer programs for students. Let's talk about Esri's collaborative work environment, the challenging work we do and how you can contribute, our outstanding benefits package, and anything else you want to know about careers at Esri. We know time flies when you're having fun (and what's more fun than the Esri UC?), so if your schedule is packed, you can always visit us at esri.com/careers.
Customer service representatives will be available to answer questions regarding order status, general licensing information, and maintenance status. We are excited to share our new MyEsri site this year and look forward to customer feedback. Experienced staff will be available to demonstrate in MyEsri how organizations can manage users, access and view licenses, download software, manage authorization numbers, update contact information, and much more.
Esri Enterprise Advantage Program Island
The Esri Enterprise Advantage Program (EEAP) is designed to assist customers with visioning and geospatial enablement across their organization through an extended support program subscription. The EEAP offers focused technical advice; annual planning meetings; a collaboratively developed technical work plan; and access to a range of Esri resources including consulting, premium technical support, and training. The purpose of the program is to support customers' targeted business and technical objectives, expand the reach of GIS across their organization, and leverage the market-leading experience of Esri's extended support resources. Visit the island to learn more about how the program can help you support your business objectives with the ArcGIS platform and maximize your investment in Esri.
Global Innovation—Beijing, China; Melbourne, Australia; Ottawa, Canada; Portland, Redlands, and Washington, DC, USA; Zurich, Switzerland
The Esri Labs Island provides an opportunity to experience, evaluate, and discuss new and emerging innovations, technologies, and experiments from Esri. The island is designed to foster collaborative show-and-tell and technical discussions and let you meet the researchers who drive the innovation engine.
At the Esri Labs Island, you will have access to the following:
- A deeper look at how GIS and science are paired to solve problems and answer questions
- Best practices and technical deep dives
- Interaction with like-minded researchers, developers, and geogeeks
- Geeky gadgets like Leap Motion, Kinect, and Peanut (Project Tango)
If you are forward thinking, enjoy challenges, and want to play with the latest technology and products (despite a few rough edges,) we look forward to meeting you at the Esri Labs Island. You will not be disappointed!
Esri Partner Network
Esri's global network of partners is offering solutions and services for the ArcGIS platform in more than 70 countries and is ready to help you take your work to the next level. Stop by the Esri Partner Network Island to explore the Esri Partner Directory, learn about becoming an ArcGIS Marketplace provider, and get connected with partners with expertise in your industry.
Interested in becoming a partner? We can answer your questions on how a partner relationship with Esri can help you expand into new markets.
Already a partner? Let's get together, share ideas, and collaborate to scale your business.
Esri Press publishes strong technical reference and GIS training materials in the form of software tutorials, academic textbooks, map books, and best practice guides for industry. Books are available in print and in e-book formats. Stop by to learn about publications currently available as well as those expected in the near future—including step-by-step how-to’s to develop and expand your individual GIS skills and resources to augment college and university courses. In addition, learn about the Esri Press publishing program, find out how you can become a book reviewer, or simply share your ideas for a new Esri Press project. You can also check out the new Esri Bookstore app, which features digital access to a variety of Esri publications with scrollable text, functional maps, live apps, videos, and slideshows.
Geographic data is the foundation of any GIS. The Geodata Management Island focuses on ArcGIS technology as a platform for managing and using geographic data. Visitors to the island will learn more about data sources and types (such as features, networks, and parcel fabrics) supported with ArcGIS and how they are represented, accessed, stored, and maintained.
Visit the Geodata Management Island to meet with Esri staff and learn more about how you can
- Implement geodatabase functionality—Use ArcGIS to create geodatabases to store and manage spatial data. Take advantage of geodatabase functionality—such as topologies, attachments, relationship classes, networks, and historical archives—to enhance your spatial data.
- Create and maintain geographic data—Use the ArcGIS editing infrastructure to implement a number of critical editing workflows that include simultaneous multiuser editing, distributed geodatabases, and offline editing. Use editor tracking to track changes to your data to help you maintain accountability and enforce quality control standards. Learn how to use the ArcGIS Editor for OpenStreetMap Add-on to download data from OpenStreetMap; store it locally in a geodatabase; and use the advanced editing environment of ArcGIS Desktop to create, modify, or delete data.
- Integrate third-party data formats with ArcGIS—Use GIS tools for Hadoop to access and analyze big data. Take advantage of relational database functionality—such as security, indexing, and SQL access—in conjunction with ArcGIS to manage spatial data across the enterprise and gain direct access to spatial and nonspatial RDBMS tables. Use ArcGIS to integrate data sources like CAD, GML, WFS, and others with ArcGIS data formats and the geodatabase.
- Streamline spatial data management using ArcGIS extension products—Improve data management workflows and geodatabase data validation activities with ArcGIS extensions such as ArcGIS Workflow Manager and ArcGIS Data Reviewer. Perform efficient feature creation and advanced editing with Esri Production Mapping and Esri Roads and Highways.
Hands-on Learning Lab
Presented by Esri Training Services, the Hands-on Learning Lab offers free training for conference attendees who want to experience areas of Esri software that might be new to them. At the Hands-on Learning Center, located in the Esri Showcase, attendees will receive approximately 45 minutes of self-paced training, consisting of a recorded lecture followed by a hands-on software exercise.
Lesson topics include the following:
- Introduction to ArcGIS for Desktop
- Creating a Map in ArcGIS for Desktop
- Basics of the Geodatabase Model
- Editing with ArcGIS for Desktop
- Introduction to Versioned Editing
- Editing and Maintaining Parcel Data in a Parcel Fabric
- Geocoding with ArcGIS for Desktop
- Introduction to ArcGIS Network Analyst
- Introduction to Linear Referencing
- Using Geometric Networks for Utilities Applications
- Introduction to ArcGIS Spatial Analyst
- Introduction to ArcGIS for Server
- Designing Web Applications Using ArcGIS for Server
- Sharing Maps and Tools Using ArcGIS Online
- Sharing Data with the Community Maps Program
- Spatial Statistics for Public Health
- Working with CAD in ArcGIS for Desktop
- Introduction to Geoprocessing Using Python
- What's New in ArcGIS for Desktop at 10 and 10.1
- Getting Started with ArcGIS Pro
No registration is required. Esri instructors will be available to answer your questions.
The Imagery Island is the place to see demonstrations using imagery in ArcGIS and meet with the development team members to influence the software or ask any questions. Learn how you can take advantage of the features in the latest releases. Learn how to manage massive datasets or pick up techniques for enhancing imagery. Bring along your imagery questions. Whether you are just starting out with imagery and looking for content or are a remote-sensing professional, we have people on hand to help you with best practices and demonstrations for managing, sharing, visualizing, and analyzing imagery.
The Industry Solutions Island should be your first stop to meet with Esri industry experts. Esri's industry experts are available to help with your challenges, demonstrate industry-specific solutions, and discuss best practices.
In the Industry Solutions Island, you can learn about emerging trends such as real-time GIS and location analytics and hear firsthand about ArcGIS as a complete geospatial platform for your industry.
The Industry Solutions Island is a great place to
- Share your story.
- Learn from your peers.
- See demonstrations.
- Meet Esri staff.
The following industries will be represented at the island
- Health and human services
- Mapping and charting
- Natural resources
- Public works
- State and local government
- Utilities and communications
Installation and Authorization
This island is all about installation and authorization support for the ArcGIS products. Bring us your questions, discuss issues you have encountered, and share scenarios and experiences regarding these areas. You can come here to get help or just to find out what's new!
Let Esri's experts help your organization host and manage your enterprise GIS in the cloud. Esri Managed Services offers an array of hosting options ranging from development and test environments to fully managed, highly scalable public-facing data and applications. Services include the following:
- GIS system design
- Cloud infrastructure support
- Security infrastructure and monitoring
- Software installation and maintenance
- Application deployment and testing
- Centralized data management
- 24/7 technical monitoring and support
Visit the island to meet with our experts and discuss how our services can benefit your organization.
Mapping and Visualization
The Mapping and Visualization Island focuses on the role of GIS and Esri software in modern cartography—the production of digital and physical representations of our world. Visitors to this island will find a wealth of information related to Esri solutions for cartographic compilation, 2D and 3D visualization, map book creation, space-time mapping, charts and tables, and map production.
Come to the Mapping and Visualization Island to learn about mapping, the heart of GIS. Get your questions answered by Esri specialists, see demonstrations of Esri tools, and attend a demo theater session for product and concept presentations. The resources at the Mapping and Visualization Island will support your needs, whether you are new to ArcGIS and looking for a discussion on mapping fundamentals or a seasoned expert seeking a solution to a specific challenge.
Concepts covered at the Mapping and Visualization Island will include the following:
- Symbols and styles
- Data Driven Pages and ArcPy mapping
- Map finishing tools and cartographic representations
- Page layout and map elements
- Compilation (including data generalization and map projections)
- Map printing and exporting
The Mapping and Visualization Island includes these Esri products:
- ArcGIS 3D Analyst
- ArcGIS Tracking Analyst
- ArcGIS Schematics
- ArcGIS Publisher and ArcReader
- Esri Production Mapping
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
- ArcGIS for Aviation: Charting
ArcGIS for Aviation: Airports
National Security Showcase
Esri's vision for protecting and securing a nation is about supporting geographic analysis, collaboration, and information sharing among the various stakeholders of national security. Visit the National Security Showcase to discover the power of deploying the Esri platform for national security, defense, intelligence, law enforcement, fire/emergency medical services, wildland fire, and emergency management.
Returning to the showcase this year, the Operations Platform for Safety/Security (OPS) Center Theater will feature integrated demonstrations that show you precisely how the ArcGIS platform supports national security mission objectives by working through security planning around a special event. We will highlight GIS capabilities that are available today with generic mission workflows: planning, logistics, operations, command, and public information. In our scenario, you will see how the national security team would use the following ArcGIS platform capabilities to manage security around the Esri UC.
- Preincident Survey Planning template to create a security posture
- Geoevent processing for real-time tracking
- Operations center dashboard for executive decision making
- Collector for ArcGIS for mobile data collection
You'll discover solutions and best practices for every workflow: mobile response, incident and predictive analysis, disaster mapping, and more. Get hands-on GIS experience, meet leaders in national security, and gain access to the latest technology that solves problems and achieves true return on investment. You also will meet leading Esri partners building customized solutions designed to meet the mission. Two large-screen demo theaters will be in continuous use so you can get up close and personal with demonstrations and questions.
The showcase will feature ArcGIS for the Military—Land Operations, ArcGIS for the Military—Maritime Operations, ArcGIS for Intelligence, and Esri Defense Mapping demonstrations. You will see how intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR); command and control (C2); and intelligence systems supply the core technology and resources to simplify creating and delivering geospatial information to decision makers.
Visit the Online Island to learn how your organization can use ArcGIS Online to discover, create, manage, and share geographic content. Talk to product engineers and specialists to learn how you can create hosted services, publish your open data, and build story maps. Take a look at ArcGIS Marketplace, where you can browse apps and data, and speak to the Community Maps team about contributing your content.
When you have a short break in your conference schedule, stop by the Professional Services Island for a chat about how we can help you realize the newest capabilities of the ArcGIS Platform. Based on practical experience and domain expertise, our staff can explain how the ArcGIS Platform supports your business objectives.
Do any of these scenarios sound familiar?
- I heard about the ArcGIS Platform approach but don’t know how it applies to me.
- I want to integrate my GIS with other business systems.
- How do I develop a location strategy?
- We have tight security but still wonder if the cloud is an option.
- I need to design an app. Where do I start?
- My organization wants to see our data in 3D.
- My system needs to perform better.
Professional Services consultants and subject matter experts help users overcome these and other challenges regularly. They are available at the Professional Services Island to help answer your questions and discuss your GIS needs.
Do you have questions about deploying your own GIS server; creating web mapping applications; or distributing maps, imagery, geodatabases, and geoprocessing tools as web services? If so, please visit us at the Server GIS Island. Not only can you can talk to our experts about server platforms, security, scalability, and performance, you can also see demonstrations of how to create GIS services, set up and manage web editing, build geoprocessing services, and discuss the easiest way to get started using GIS in the cloud. If you're a GIS manager, we can discuss the GIS server architecture and show you how to administer GIS servers and manage your services. We'll be showcasing Portal for ArcGIS at the island, the complementary, on-premises solution if you like what you see with ArcGIS Online. You can see demos and learn more about how to create web applications with the new ArcGIS Web App Builder. Learn about the ArcGIS for Server extensions, including ArcGIS GeoEvent Processor for Server and Stream Services, Workflow Manager, and Data Reviewer. Or just come by and talk to us about your web GIS projects.
Would you consider building a house without a set of architectural blueprints? The obvious answer is no, but what about for your GIS? Successful organizations realize the value of solution architecture in aligning business needs with project resources and technical capabilities to address new technology initiatives. As such, proper solution architecture is critical to the successful deployment and adoption of the ArcGIS platform within your organization.
At the Solution Architecture Island, experienced Esri staff will be on hand to answer questions you may have regarding ArcGIS implementation patterns, architecture development methodologies, best practices, reference architecture, deployment scenarios, and integration approaches with other enterprise systems. Stop by the island to speak with Esri's expert architects, who are available for informal discussions and engaging in interactive whiteboard design sessions.
The GIS Technical Support Island has GIS staff ready to help answer your questions, challenges, and issues. Please stop by to discuss best practices, troubleshoot technical issues, get answers to your questions, and share your feedback on Esri products.
Meet one-on-one with an Esri cartography expert at the Map Critique Station located at the Technical Support Island. Appointments will be available on Tuesday, July 15, and Wednesday, July 16, 1:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m.. Bring your map with you (in print or digital form or as a URL link), and a professional cartographer will offer suggestions and helpful tips.
Training and Certification
Does it seem like technology advances are happening at the speed of light? Stop by and talk with us about timely individual, team, and work force development strategies that can help you or your organization get the most value out of the ArcGIS platform. Find out about our latest courses, workshops, and developer boot camps and ask us about purchasing options that will maximize your training budget. If Esri technical certification features in your plans, get the latest information about exams and preparation resources. Enter our drawing for a chance to win a free exam voucher.